The "Expedition hat" thread

Nigel Caffiene

Gentleman Scholar
My expedition hat of choice is the Akubra Slouch Hat. I absolutely love this hat and it is very durable. Chin strap comes in handy when driving around with the Jeep topless and doorless. Course, I always get odd looks from people though. You would think being in Texas and accustomed to the odd styles we wear our Stetson they wouldn't mind so much.

Colder weather, I have a cashmere watch cap from Orvis.

Trout

P1000059a-vi.jpg

Akubra Snowy River. 20+ years old. Silver Creek rainbow.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
I have been thinking of getting this hat.
1611fwn_lg6.jpg

Called the Snowy River Hat by Akubra.
I even like the color :)
$120

From David Morgan.

S

Squatchout

Outdoors for me often includes a lot of time in a boat or on the water. I like a wide brim Aussie style hat as well. A few years ago I found the hat I was looking for on a visit to CA. I got it at the "Indiana Jones" Store at Disney land! LOL. I've seen it for sale other places including recently in an LL Bean fishing catalog. I've got a similar hat in Oilskin for rainy days and a straw one for real hot weather.

Picture017Small2.jpg

bobDog

Expedition Leader
20 years later mine is still good to go. See post 170 on this thread.
I have 15 years on mine and it still looks great......absolutely my all time favorite hat. Well worth the bucks....get the real thing not those cheap copies!!!!!:victory:

cdiamond

I ended up picking up an Atwood cowboy hat (a Hereford Bangora)...been working great!

attachment.php

Attachments

• herefordBangoraLC4.jpg
    herefordBangoraLC4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,024
My expedition hat of choice is the Akubra Slouch Hat. I absolutely love this hat and it is very durable. Chin strap comes in handy when driving around with the Jeep topless and doorless. Course, I always get odd looks from people though. You would think being in Texas and accustomed to the odd styles we wear our Stetson they wouldn't mind so much.

Colder weather, I have a cashmere watch cap from Orvis.

I think its the jolly red beard.
180049_844021227623_9221664_43486409_47433_n.jpg

:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger