The Family Wagon - '19 Power Wagon

bahn112

I’ve been looking at the snap, there is a hAeneas for it, was that an easy hook up or did you have to pull the dash apart?

the delthof skid plate still haven’t shipped, I’ve had mine on order for several weeks now.

Do you have any squeaks or vibrations from your sliders? I just ordered a set and don’t want to go through that again.

Easy hookup; I didn't remove any panels and just reached up from underneath. Just make sure that you plug into the correct "green star connector". If you look at the picture below you want to plug into the double rowed green connector (on the left). I initially plugged into the single row green connector on the right and it wouldn't sync.
***Front of truck is to the right***
kINLxLDh.jpg

I ordered my Skid from Dethloff on 5/30 pretty close to when he made them available for order. IIRC he stated they would be around 6-8 weeks out.

As for the sliders I did have some squeaking after install; was actually driving me crazy so I crawled back under and tightened everything back again. That seems to have fixed the squeaking but I haven't had a chance to drive it much after retightening everything.

bahn112

Got a couple of new mods in the last couple of weeks:
1. Dethloff Oil/Trans Skid (no pics of this) - super stout w/ fairly easy install; absolutely essential given how exposed this area is from the factory.
2. Replaced my traction boards with ones from Rotopax (Rototrax); love that they mount to existing hardware (just had to buy extensions) which allows me to free up some rack space.
3. My Fuel Zephyr wheels/Falken tire setup would rub at full lock when in reverse which kind of drove me crazy since I need to go to full lock to exit my driveway. This is with the Falken 35's running on the small side (measured at 33.7" when adjusting tire size with the Procal SNAP). I noticed that AEV had their Salta HD's on sale so I figured it would be prudent to go ahead and change them out as I am planning on upgrading to 37's down the road or at least a true 35" like a Toyo or Nitto. The only thing I was hesitant on was the silver color since my truck is dark. At the end of the day the sale price was so good I figured if I really hated the color I could powdercoat them down the line and still come out on top. After mounting them up I actually ended up really liking it. Kind of has a OEM+ look to it which really grew on me.

Ikauh4Th.jpg

5I8kYrLh.jpg

5kNeuTmh.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
I ordered the aev snap, I installed it, it sync’d, then through every code on the dash and I had to have the dealer re program my truck. Word of caution to power wagon owners, in the fine print it says not for power wagons. Aev tech told me the power wagon has a different program on it, now on their site it says not for power wagons in larger format. I’m surprised it worked with your truck.

gillbrak

I ordered the aev snap, I installed it, it sync’d, then through every code on the dash and I had to have the dealer re program my truck. Word of caution to power wagon owners, in the fine print it says not for power wagons. Aev tech told me the power wagon has a different program on it, now on their site it says not for power wagons in larger format. I’m surprised it worked with your truck.

So far it’s working fine on my 19PW. Weird how it works on some and not others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183

For what it’s worth...

I used a different method (Hypertech, because the snap wasn’t available yet) to recalibrate mine on my 2020 5500 SLT

First time I fired it up, same thing, every light stuck on, lots of error messages. all sorts of chaos, etc...

YouTube showed someone else with the same issue saying to shut truck off, run recalibration the second time and it cleared it.

I tried that, and whammo, worked fine and no issues since.

I have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes, but it worked and my speedo is within 0.5mph with 40s

bahn112

Yeah, I ordered mine as soon as they released it. At the time I ordered it AEV didn't have the "doesn't work with PW's" disclaimer on their website. That being said, I sync'd it, adjusted TPMS and tire size and everything worked like it should.
I asked them what the issue was as mine was working as it should and they responded that certain configurations had issues.

Explorerinil

Observer
Yeah, I ordered mine as soon as they released it. At the time I ordered it AEV didn't have the "doesn't work with PW's" disclaimer on their website. That being said, I sync'd it, adjusted TPMS and tire size and everything worked like it should.
I asked them what the issue was as mine was working as it should and they responded that certain configurations had issues.
Yes I got the same response, I think its the 12 inch touch screen, I’ve read several people with them like me that had that problem. do You have the large screen?

any squeaks out of your sliders?

Explorerinil

Observer

Yes I know, they put me in touch with their electronics engineer but he would never call or email back. The response from aev was, it works with some power wagons but not all. They posted the message, doesn’t work with power wagons, in bold on their website now. I couldn’t get the lights to come off the dash, had no speedometer and the truck was shifting weird. I had to pay for a reflash, learned my lesson.

jadmt

ignore button user
i am going to order the dethloff tranny skid but hate being charged for something that is backordered. He says 5 weeks out did you guys get them in the time he said? I asked if he waited until they shipped to charge the cc and he said he charged at time of order.

phsycle

Adventurer
i am going to order the dethloff tranny skid but hate being charged for something that is backordered. He says 5 weeks out did you guys get them in the time he said? I asked if he waited until they shipped to charge the cc and he said he charged at time of order.

Standard MO for a small company. Seems like a well made product and really, pretty cheap.

bahn112

Yes I got the same response, I think its the 12 inch touch screen, I’ve read several people with them like me that had that problem. do You have the large screen?

any squeaks out of your sliders?

I have the 8.4" screen. As far as squeaks, upon initial installation I had squeaks. I initially thought that I had just not tightened the hardware enough and gave that a try and it didn't help at all. I posted up in one of the Ram forums and a member there suggested to shave down the washers in the front most brackets as they were most likely contacting the body of the truck. I took a look under there and sure enough that's exactly where it was rubbing. I removed them, took an angle grinder to the washers and viola, no more squeaking. I was seriously close to removing them, selling them at a loss and ordering up some of Maple Offroad ones as there don't seem to be any reports of squeaking with those.

Totally worth the wait and the cost. As far as I know it's the only option out currently to protect that area of the truck. It's well built and fairly easy to install. When I ordered it there was an estimated 6-8 delivery window and I got them right around that 8 week mark; perhaps a little after as I believe there was an issue with his coating guy IIRC.
In short, do it! Cheap insurance!

Standard MO for a small company. Seems like a well made product and really, pretty cheap.

Definitely worth it!

Explorerinil

Observer
He delivered at the time he said he would. They are a very well made, well designed part, worth the time and money.

bahn112

Finally got my spare out of the bed and had the Rig'd Ultra-Swing Mega-fit carrier installed. The awesome dudes at Rig'd installed it when I went to pick it up; which is something I didn't expect them to do.
I read about some issues regarding the coating from a member here but for what it does and at the price it's offered at I thought it was still the best solution for me. Also, that was the only time i've heard of an issue with the carrier so i'm hoping it was an isolated issue.
I also added the perimeter rails to the Yakima platform to make it easier to tie stuff down.

asaRPlbh.jpg

LOCJUsah.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears