The Georgia Bantam build

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you're well. I was actually trying to decide if I was gonna head out tonight or wait till morning, but I wanna go ride some dirt and camp in the hills this weekend. Are you staying at McKinney all weekend?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you're well. I was actually trying to decide if I was gonna head out tonight or wait till morning, but I wanna go ride some dirt and camp in the hills this weekend. Are you staying at McKinney all weekend?
Probably. We went out wheeling the past two weekends ---- shaking out the new bumper and lights. This weekend is all about soaking up rays and quality relaxing.
The dog likes to swim too. Can't neglect the dog.

Bring the yak and a 12-pack...

johnspark

Ramblin Man
we had to go to mckaskey Creek. McKinney was full. we're right on the lake though.

I ended up going to Tennessee. Spent a couple of nights up near Sylco along 221. Bout got run over by a herd of hogs around 11 Friday night. There were at least twenty of them. Got a good close up on this rattler too.

Here's camp.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yikes.
Most people don't know how dangerous hogs can be ---- I got chased by a sow one time and just barely got away from her....

The lake was gorgeous, John. Like glass. Perfect temperatures.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Got a little more done on the control box tonight. We're hoping to get the package ready for a Memorial day run somewhere.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
[video]https://youtu.be/WpCBYedYf9o[/video]

Beach driving at Corolla, NC. 2015. You can see the trailer in the side mirror at :20. I'm still working on editing video and pictures from that trip. I'll try to add more and better trailer footage later. I'm just learning how to use Movie Maker and Youtube to deal with videos. Sorry for the crappy first go at video/audio editing, it'll get better.

Last edited:

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Ok, I put together some pictures with the video to give a better idea of the rig and trailer.

Last edited:

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Here is a shot of the days work load. I installed a new inverter and cleaned up some wiring on that side of the box, then started work on wiring the area lighting, tent power and lights, tongue box and tub lights. I had two Boston Butts smoking on the grill and couldn't go anywhere for 12 hours.

Cutting in the Blue Sea 4 position switch panel.

Perfect fit.

With Cover on.

The cut out.

All done. I forgot to put the fuse box cover on, just noticed that. Ha.

Tongue box lights. I used a Marine grade LED lighting strip that has a sticky back. So easy!

Area lights. I used a Northern Tool Ironton Square LED Work Light set that I got on sale. They are brighter than I expected, but I'm ok with that. I had to make some custom mounts so the lights could be adjusted in the field without tools. I'll get some pictures of that and post them up later.

Tent lights. Marine LED Light strip on the top cross bar. I can control the tent and future front area lighting from the control box I made.

Tub lights. Again, the Marine Grade LED strip. There is a switch box mounted in the Lid of the Tub. I turn on main power from the Tongue box and can switch at the tub when needed. I put the tongue and tub switches in series so I can make sure it's off when closed.

That's about all for now.

I forgot to post the Pulled Pork picture. Mmmmmm good. Just a light dry rub and smoke over some apple wood chunks. Moistened with apple juice every so often.

Last edited:

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Here is the mount for the area lighting. I'm still working on it and might change it. I really want something that will wrap around the bar and have little or no protrusion on the top of the bar. I just haven't found the right "clamp" yet.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Teaser...

Radio build upcoming. Y'all won't see that though...not a trailer issue.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger