The Great White Buffalo

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I gotta get around to doing the 70's birfs....

You'll be very pleased with that OME choice. I had those springs on my 80 and it worked great.

-H-

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I gotta get around to doing the 70's birfs....

You'll be very pleased with that OME choice. I had those springs on my 80 and it worked great.

-H-

I told him once we help you out and do the ones on Lengyel's '67 40, we would have seen most of the different types of LC birf setups in the US and their little differences. I used to do these on mini's a lot when I was in the business professionally.

Dave

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Well, after doing a torque check after a week or so of driving, I ended up with this:
stud003.jpg

The new stud will be in on friday.

I also discovered the source of my coolant ooze...hairline cracks in the radiator.

Photog

Explorer
That looks like a stud from the front hub.:Wow1:

I hope that fix goes without trouble.

On my old 4Runner (Misty's rig now), those cones were so tight, I never got them off. I didn't take that rig swimming in the rivers, so it never seemed to need the front bearings re-packed.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
That is exactly what it is.

Dave is awesome though and had me a new part by today.

I think the PO put the wrong size nut(13mm OD instead of the 12mm like everything else) and when we torqued it properly, the thing stipped out.

wesel123

Explorer
Them new sleepn' quaters will spoil you and you won't wanna go back.....hope Tiff knows that a new "portable home" is in her future:sombrero:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
So, on my recent trip, I had some of these:
RanchoAribabi10-31-09008.jpg

Camped here for a while:
RanchoAribabi10-31-09024.jpg

And did a lot of this, for a great group:
RanchoAribabi10-31-09028.jpg

Den.

Thank you for the link. Quite a good cause. It's nice to see people care about more then themselves.

Anyways, I'll let this get back on topic. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78