The new 2009 Nissan Xterra

mcm4090

Explorer
571_09Xterra_220.jpg

2009 Nissan Xterra Features Refreshed Styling, New Equipment and Package Offerings For New Model Year

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June x, 2008) - Nissan North America, Inc. today revealed details of the 2009 Xterra sport utility, which received numerous refinements for the new model year. The Xterra is scheduled to arrive at Nissan dealerships nationwide in mid-July 2008.

The 2009 Nissan Xterra, created as tough, essential gear for active outdoor enthusiasts, features a new front end appearance, new wheel designs, new Roof-Mounted Off-Road Lights built into the roof rack air dam (Xterra Off-Road models only), new seat materials and colors and new standard roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection.

For a limited time, beginning at the 2009 Xterra’s sales launch in July, the content of the Technology Package – including an advanced Rockford Fosgate® audio system, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately, automatic transmission models only), Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, steering wheel audio controls and auxiliary input jack – will be provided at no charge with every 2009 Xterra S, Off-Road or SE.

About the 2009 Nissan Xterra

All 2009 Xterra models feature an advanced 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine, rated at 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque, along with a rugged “F-Alpha” truck platform for adventure-ready performance. The “F-Alpha” platform is shared with the full-size Nissan Titan pickup and Armada SUV. Xterra is available with a choice of 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmissions and in a choice of part-time 4-wheel drive or 2-wheel drive.

Staying true to the original Xterra design concept of offering drivers “everything you need, and nothing you don’t,” Xterra provides a distinct “multi-flex” interior with an abundance of useable space, storage and convenience features – including an available Easy Clean cargo area, a tie-down channel system similar to the Utili-trackÔ system on the Titan and Frontier, 10 cargo hooks and a built-in first-aid kit.

While maintaining its “authentic” tough gear positioning, the 2009 Xterra also offers a range of advanced technologies, including Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and an 8-speaker Rockford Fosgate® audio system with subwoofer

571_MY09Xterra_223.jpg

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Sales of the Xterra have probably suffered as of late due to two factors, gas prices and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. These are the things that they should be targeting when bringing out a "new" Xterra.

TheGillz

Explorer
mauricio_28 said:
Sales of the Xterra have probably suffered as of late due to two factors, gas prices and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. These are the things that they should be targeting when bringing out a "new" Xterra.

Don't forget Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4door). We were looking at these three vehicles when we were in the market last year, we went with the Jeep.

skephart

Observer
TheGillz said:
Don't forget Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4door). We were looking at these three vehicles when we were in the market last year, we went with the Jeep.
Those are the three I was considering last year also. I went with the Xterra mainly due to price. It is a very capable offroad vehicle.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:archaeolo As Nissan has done in the past, the wiring harness' will already be there, but

After you buy the Dealer price "wet box" arrangement, it'll be expensive

If you want lights up there, go after market, because the wiring is already there

:bike_rider: :1888fbbd: JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:hehe: Just a bit to broad a question, but

MattScott said:
I like the way these look, how to they compare to a DI off road?

Mainly depends on the terrain and the drivers ability

:peepwall: :safari-rig: JIMBO

07OffRoadXterra

JIMBO said:
:archaeolo As Nissan has done in the past, the wiring harness' will already be there, but

After you buy the Dealer price "wet box" arrangement, it'll be expensive

If you want lights up there, go after market, because the wiring is already there

:bike_rider: :1888fbbd: JIMBO

The wiring is already there in my 07? Do i buy it aftermarket and have Nissan install?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:REExeSwimmingHL: What I meant was, to get after mkt lites and a seperate bar for the lite mounts

07OffRoadXterra said:
The wiring is already there in my 07? Do i buy it aftermarket and have Nissan install?

After mkt parts are still RARE for the Xterras and nobody makes a replacement AIRDAM setup for the '09, or any of the previous ones either

checkout TheNewX.com for 2nd gen Xterras and their lites, might get some ideas, could register and become a member-lots of info, good bunch of guys there

If you have the dealer do ANYTHING but warranty work, it costs a LOT ($100/hr)

:bike_rider: :safari-rig: JIMBO

Scott Brady

Founder
Stock DI to Stock XTerra, the Xterra would outperform the D1 on the trail in nearly all situations with the exception of articulation and probably side-slope capacity. . The XTerra is equipped with 265/75 Tires (or equivalent 17"), rear locking differential, traction control for the front axle and a significantly higher HP motor (nearly 100hp more, with better economy- 20mpg). And if you care, the XTerra motor is also ULEV. A 6-speed manual is THANKFULLY also available.

The DI is a little more manueverable on the trail, with a shorter WB and overall width/length.

Modern 4wds built for rough trail use are really lightyears ahead of anything short of an 80 series. Just look at the Xterra and Rubicon and Trail Team FJ Cruiser as examples. They are loaded with factory options that enthusiasts would have had to pay tens of thousands of dollars for just a decade ago.

Impressive...

Of course, the XTerra has no Funk Factor, and that is important :chef:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Did the X's have the same front-diff problems of the other Nissan trucks of the past??? And how beefy are the frames under these trucks???

I like the look of this re-design alot better than the 2nd gen trucks.

Cheers

Dave

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:bike_rider: The 2nd gen X's were plagued, with Diff trouble and there's a lot of Warranty trouble, if you've made ANY off-road MODS, to the running gear

I never had any trouble, but mine wasn't a daily driver either

:REOutIceFishing: :safari-rig: JIMBO

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Of course, the XTerra has no Funk Factor, and that is important :chef:

That's because the Xterra owner is expected to add their own, unique, festering kayak/bike/etc. gear funk. :chef:

Cheers,
Graham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78