The new Bundu Gear Expedition Trailer

hollaback55

Explorer
overall dimensions.

man she is looking sweet. what will be the overall dimensions? wondering if this will work with the new rig I have in mind.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader

Love that frame design and the design of the box. Love the holes for saving weight without compromising on strength but ...

Are all those little mud catchers gonna stay open on the frame members?

Looks nice and sterile.

Gabe

... I thought the same, there should be some drainage holes on the bottom of the frame rails so the frame can be rinsed out (not all of us live in dry Arizona :elkgrin:)

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Are all those little mud catchers gonna stay open on the frame members?

Looks nice and sterile.

Gabe
You noticed those! No, those are now gone. We switched the tongue A-frame from C-channel to full tube. We actually had already thought of mud build up and did have drain holes underneath as well.We were just getting too much flex on the C-channel tongue, so it is now full tube. No mud catching. We do, however, still have holes in the frame where the C-channel is vertical, but if mud does accumulate in there, it is completely open for easy cleaning.
I am just going to assume that by "sterile" you mean clean? Yes the shop is very clean, and the build is very clean. The lines will be very smooth, and the welding and assembly will be the same.

Last edited:

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
I like the attention to detail.

Thanks. It has been a long time in development as far as aesthetics and functionality go. We're very much in the small detail stages now and going through many variant of latches, handles, rivets etc, all with a long eye down the road of how people woold possibly want to use it, customize it and personalize it. I think if we can take car of the small things, the big things will be even better served.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Hey Rou, been a long time since we first started talking about trailers. Congratulations on this new one. It looks really great. Can't wait to see it in person.

Ace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998