The New Disco!!!

Mudy_Ovl

Nice Disco. I think I saw you the other week on Enterprise pulling into a business. I drive a Bronze DI with an SD rack and ARB with 4Ks. I only drive it a few days out of the week. My wife and I commute together in our black DD Cayenne and Enterprise is our daily route to work. We need to try and meet up and kick some tires and talk shop sometime.

Chris D.
"AL Red" Mudy_Ovl
'95 D1

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
Absolutely bud sounds great. I would really like to see if we could get a rover club started here in town. Say Rocket City Rovers??? Btw could you post up some pics of your rack. I'm trying to decided what kind of rack I want to go with.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
This my be a weird request, but does anyone have a picture of the interior ceiling of the disco? I have always been curious how the skylight windows actually look. Never been inside one before.

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
Perhaps the weirdest request ever lol but yeah bud I'll get you a pic asap and I took more pics of the twver ill post tonight! By the way is anyone interested in starting a north Alabama rover club? How about the rocket city roaming rovers?

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
Well guys and gals here's the pics I promised :elkgrin:

Attachments

• rover 1.jpg
    rover 1.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 11
  • rover 2.jpg
    rover 2.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 8
  • rover 3.jpg
    rover 3.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 11
  • rover 4.jpg
    rover 4.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 8
  • rover 5.jpg
    rover 5.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 6

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
OH crap! Sorry bud I've been working nonstop all weekend, we had a pretty terrible night monday so I've been revcovering lol I'll get you some interior pics tonight!

Daryl

Adventurer
ever get those interior skylight pics?

You're looking for photos of the alpine windows?

G1FOz.jpg

Laxaholic

Adventurer
those are so sick...
what kind of mpg do the disco's get? 13-15, like my land cruiser?
always wanted a rover...just dont seem so reliable for a college student.

Daryl

Adventurer
those are so sick...
what kind of mpg do the disco's get? 13-15, like my land cruiser?
always wanted a rover...just dont seem so reliable for a college student.

Yeah, about that. Until you pull off the air dam or put a real bumper on it and some decent tires, then you're closer to the bottom of that range.

They aren't terribly unreliable when brought up to date on maintenance, and kept maintained. Think german sports car maintenance, not asian import maintenance. I would not own one (well, OK...two) unless I did my own work and had a garage to do it in. Not to say that's the only way to own them, but it makes a fairly cheap endeavor out of what could be quite expensive (paying for labor from somewhere that will actually work on it and paying the markup for new parts).

Unless you're in for a project, you want to avoid the "good deal" ones you find. The one in that photo was purchased as a parts truck for $500. I'm stupid, so I didn't part it. I'll have $1500 total (and countless days of work) into it by the time I have it "right" (all new bushings, springs, shocks, O2 sensors, head gaskets and various other seals). At that point I can start thinking about modifications. If I weren't doing this work myself it would be much cheaper to buy a better example that had not been driven into the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle