The Next Project Nearly ready to Start

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
The Truck arrived at the Dealer Yesterday,It was a special order that I placed back at the start of July, here are some pics,the color is called Al Gray :ylsmoke:

P1000267.JPGP1000268.JPGP1000270.JPGP1000265.JPGP1000266.JPG

Cheers Ozzyfishaman

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The Truck arrived at the Dealer Yesterday,It was a special order that I placed back at the start of July, here are some pics,the color is called Al Gray :ylsmoke:

View attachment 192932View attachment 192933View attachment 192934View attachment 192935View attachment 192936

Cheers Ozzyfishaman

Hi there John.....

Been a while!!!

From the pic im looking at on my screen, this is almost the same colour that we painted the last motorhome built......are you saying that you got this as a custom paint from the factory? That's a first.

Kind regards
John

whatcharterboat

Hi John,Yes it is a factory colour Paint Code 517, the link I have included are the available colours if you want to factory order and wait 4 months.
http://www.isuzu.com.au/contact-us/...the-colour-code-of-the-paint-of-my-truck.aspx
Hey John has the chassis on the new Global Warrior been lengthened? To get a reasonable body on the new truck I am getting a 600 mm wheel base extension.
Cheers John (ozzyfishaman)

Wow.......There is even a Sahara Beige for Alan.........still beige .....haha.

Was there a charge? Is the front bumper colour matched??? I can't quite tell in the pic? Is the interior ( like under the dash and around the door cards) painted the colour too?

Yeah, the Crewcab Global Warrior went to 4000mm WB but when we do another we'll go 4250mm.....the NPS has great clearance under the transfer so you can still retain a good bit of rampover....obviously turning circle is worse but they drive really nice ...... Everyone that drove that stretched crew made the same comment. It had parabolic's but the longer WB made definitely made it even better.

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
What a great truck, just the sight of those lovely flat chassis rails makes one want to get the tools out :)

I look forward to reading about the build.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Wow.......There is even a Sahara Beige for Alan.........still beige .....haha.

Was there a charge? Is the front bumper colour matched??? I can't quite tell in the pic? Is the interior ( like under the dash and around the door cards) painted the colour too?

Yeah, the Crewcab Global Warrior went to 4000mm WB but when we do another we'll go 4250mm.....the NPS has great clearance under the transfer so you can still retain a good bit of rampover....obviously turning circle is worse but they drive really nice ...... Everyone that drove that stretched crew made the same comment. It had parabolic's but the longer WB made definitely made it even better.
Hi John

When you said "I am getting a 600 mm extension" I presume you meant that you aren't doing it yourself..... If you're organizing the ext and not your dealer make sure it goes back to dealer anyway so that they check it ...... Obviously it will be getting a two piece tailshaft and an extension on the exhaust so best if Isuzu ok the driveshaft angles and exhaust cause back pressure changes can effect the DPD burn ........ It's pretty hard to get it wrong though especially if your guys have done a few Nseries WB extensions already.

If your dealer has organised it all you don't have to worry about a thing.

Kind regards
John.

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Hi John,

The dealer is organizing it,the company doing it do the extensions regularly on the NPS Crew Cab's (they have just finished doing 12 for some company),they are the one's that said the 600mm extension is the better way to go about it,as they then use all Isuzu parts e.g. tail shaft,and it doesn't effect the original Warranty.

Cheers John

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Yes it is a complete colour change inside and out,the interior grey trim goes well with the light grey colour.
the bumpers and grill are also colour matched.
I think the charge was about $500.00.
Cheers John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior