The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

These Sienna seats look like the bees knees an all, but with initial costs of the 4wd, interior build, and pop top about a year out this seat project is down on the list albeit still important. My seats are thrashed and need to be replaced. Are the 96-07 E series seats totally unique? Is there a salvage yard find from any other Ford model that bolts to the floor or the base with little or no modification? Expedition? Leather F series? I'm watching for some better E series seats to pop up locally, but it's Boise and so haven't seen much of anything in the four months of cruising cl. Are there any other cheaper upgrades besides these Sienna seats? Or is this Sienna seat upgrade just the only one worth doing and I should just save my pennies?

klp42

Well that is a lot of questions!

I will offer my opinion as I looked around for a while before sourcing Siennas. I think the reason they are so popular is that yes, they are awesome. I doubt you will find anyone who has them and is not pleased. I would bet that there are plenty of other nice seat options available but none that offer the support of these for install in an e series. You can find others that work but for install you are on your own. If that is ok with you then the seat options are limitless.

I put mine in a Transit and used the original brackets, not sure why more people don't do it unless mounting them as front seat replacements.

goneagain

Observer
As far as ford van seats go, 1992-1996 are unique. 1997-at least 2008 are bolt in, but at some point the seatbelt clip style changed, so youll need to keep your seatbelt receiver from your old beat up seats.

Well that is a lot of questions!

Funny, MG and Chris BOTH said the same thing about me! I've been doing nothing but reading about vans for 2-6 hours a day for the past six months and it's amazing what I have learned. I figured I'd ask if there was an easy bolt in option that was better than stock but cheaper than the Sienna option. In all my reading I don't think I have come across somebody that has put anything besides a newer/less used stock seat or the Sienna option. If I have to get into fabbing up some adapters, I'll probably just go the Sienna route. Just figured I'd ask if something else Ford made fit in. Lot's of really nice leather seats sitting in the U pull it yards around here.

If anybody has upgraded to Sienna's in the Pacific Northwest and has good stock seats, PM me. MUST have at least one armrest in usable working condition.

As far as ford van seats go, 1992-1996 are unique. 1997-at least 2008 are bolt in, but at some point the seatbelt clip style changed, so youll need to keep your seatbelt receiver from your old beat up seats.

Thanks for keeping me honest. I wrote that post at 2 am and was a little sleepy so I typo'd the 96.

lcavalletti

Observer
thank you Chris !! my seats have been sitting in the back of my van, and i just cant wait to get them mounted , the stock ford seats have zero support

Vanyonero

Take a look at the picture on the previous page... See the two little 'ears' sticking up at top of the hinge mechanism? One tab stops forward travel of the seat back, the other reward or reclining travel. I haven't tried it yet but that's where I'd start looking at things.

Has anyone tried to increase the ability of the Sienna seats to recline yet?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
[QUOTE Back Country Pursuit]
"If anybody has upgraded to Sienna's in the Pacific Northwest and has good stock seats, PM me. MUST have at least one armrest in usable working condition."

So I may be coming to Boise to buy a CJ (Like I need another rig), if I do, I'd be happy to throw in my old front seats that were removed for Sienna's. I bought my van from an upholstery shop and they recovered them before I picked it up. The catch is there is no arm rest on either seat, but the bolt hole to attach one is.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
[QUOTE

If anybody has upgraded to Sienna's in the Pacific Northwest and has good stock seats, PM me. MUST have at least one armrest in usable working condition.

So I may be coming to Boise to buy a CJ (Like I need another rig), if I do, I'd be happy to throw in my old front seats that were removed for Sienna's. I bought my van from an upholstery shop and they recovered them before I picked it up. The catch is there is no arm rest on either seat, but the bolt hole to attach one is.

Why not buy my cloth Sienna pair?? :)

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Why not buy my cloth Sienna pair?? :)

I would J, but I don't need any more seats. The quote I posted was a from Back Country Pursuit, with my answer to him below. I lucked out and bought four of the new style Sienna seats with the black bases for my van before the supply dried up. I've got the oem front van seats sitting in the garage and I may be running up to Boise for another jeep.

I would J, but I don't need any more seats. The quote I posted was a from Back Country Pursuit, with my answer to him below. I lucked out and bought four of the new style Sienna seats with the black bases for my van before the supply dried up. I've got the oem front van seats sitting in the garage and I may be running up to Boise for another jeep.

The new van I scored a few days ago has really nice seats in it. I appreciate the offer but I no longer need better factory seats. Thanks!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Copy that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger