The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mgmetalworks

Explorer
waited to long to pull the trigger on a 2nd set of seats...
now they seem to be all gone from eBay. :oops:
any other place to source get them from?

Yeah, I contacted Warehouse Salvage about that since I need to order a set for a customer asap... A Chinese customer cleaned them out and bought everything they had. They told me that later in the week they're getting more from the Toyota factory so it won't be too much of a delay. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

SoCalChaos

Observer
Sorry for the hijack, but if anyone is selling their stock front grey cloth seats I need a pair.

When I complete this swap I will have a set. Driver's seat is power, mostly works...
Still no Sienna seats on eBay/Warehouse Salvage as of today... so it may be a while if you can wait.

desertspeed

Adventurer
When I complete this swap I will have a set. Driver's seat is power, mostly works...
Still no Sienna seats on eBay/Warehouse Salvage as of today... so it may be a while if you can wait.

No problem, I am going to try to find some at a salvage yard, but if I can't find any I can wait. I will keep an eye on this thread.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Update on the seats and front seat mounts....
Warehouse Salvage says they'll likely have more recliner seats within a couple weeks. They can't give an exact date but they're working on it. I bug them every few days to see if they've found more. All of the other vendors I've seen with these seats are out too... the Chinese buyers must have loaded a ship with sienna seats! :)
Front seat mount parts should arrive this week. A little fabrication in-house and then off to powdercoating. I'm about a week behind schedule due to delays at the laser vendor.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Laser'd parts showed up. These are some of the pieces waiting to be formed.
laser parts (600x800).jpg
And this is what it one of those flat patterns will look like once it's done (though it will be semi-gloss black powder coat, not purple).
DS formed.JPG
Also had a huge box of goodies show up yesterday with all of the off the shelf parts that go into these seat mounts. Getting closer!
:)

mgmetalworks

Explorer
The new front mounts for Sienna seats are getting closer.... formed parts are done and looking sexy.
DSC_0545.JPG
The first two sets are off to powdercoating in the morning. The rest are still a few days out.

packmule

Observer
Looking good! Did you ever finalize the design of your sliding door hinge mod? If so, are you planning to make that available for order at some point?

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Looking good! Did you ever finalize the design of your sliding door hinge mod? If so, are you planning to make that available for order at some point?

Thanks! The first round of CNC'd slider extension parts are close behind these seat mounts. I do plan on making them available for others once I get it dialed in on my van.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Looks sweet Michael! I hope you folks appreciate the amount of energy this man puts into developing and building new parts for our vans. Considering the fact that he has a wife and two young kids, attends school, and has a full time J-O-B, all while developing what will be a major "In your face" in regards to a Cummins/Allison in a Ford van, I think MG deserves a round of;
:clapsmile

packmule

Observer
x3. I have a wife and four kids, a job, and a honey do list a mile long. I can't imagine adding school, a bunch of side projects, and a very unique Cummins transplant to my plate. :bowdown:

Last edited:

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Looks sweet Michael! I hope you folks appreciate the amount of energy this man puts into developing and building new parts for our vans. Considering the fact that he has a wife and two young kids, attends school, and has a full time J-O-B, all while developing what will be a major "In your face" in regards to a Cummins/Allison in a Ford van, I think MG deserves a round of;
:clapsmile

Thanks Brad!!! much appreciated! :beer:

mgmetalworks

Explorer
x3. I have a wife and four kids, a job, and a honey do list a mile long. I can't imagine adding school, a bunch of side projects, and a very unique Cummins transplant to my plate. :bowdown:

The hardest part is keeping up with the honey-do list so you never have to hear about what's left to do on the honey-do list....if you know what I mean... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior