"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey on the road...

beemerchef

Explorer
A ride to Balmorhea Springs... awesome!

122109644-L.jpg

Don’t you be thinking now...
On my way back from Balmorhea Hot Springs, a few miles into the ride, a black truck with blue and red was flashing... I could not see very well beyond it, looked like a couple bikes had kissed the grass...
Not so...
They were shooting a commercial! I stop... U turn... going the wrong way... the local Sheriff is not very happy, but the guys are... a sidecar with a dog? compared to the usual two wheel stuff they have been working on. Any chance to be in it?... I ask... sorry... wrong brand!
Oh well... maybe better luck next time...
The rest of the riding was great... it is all the Blog.

My last day in Texas... you have been good to me... I leave with some new friends and some incredible memories... and I will be back! There is no doubt about it...

Be well...

Ara and Spirit

beemerchef

Explorer
In transit, Wilcox, AZ.

122424168-L.jpg

You know the drill if you have ever taken a Freeway, in transit as I call it... and most, unfortunately, because of lack of time, somehow wondering why my time has been lacking now suddenly... needing to get from point A to point B as I am doing!
It finally was a good decision to take Hwy #10... as you might read it in the Blog...

Till then... you all be well... were going...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Explorer
The Magic of the Chiracahua's

122638899-L.jpg

It rained all night, we, I say we!... slept late... kept raining and there was not much sense going to Tucson trying to find another place to camp... 80 miles away, I thought, leave early tomorrow morning and have a do nothing day!
Well, the skies cleared up, and actually for the first time I cannot write it all in one Blog!
So this is part one of what end up being a full day...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Explorer
Part II of the Magic of the Chiricahuas...

122802510-L.jpg

A quick overnight in Gila Bend, AZ, and here we are now in Anza Borrego, California! I will spell it for the first time...
A day, or was it two days ago?... returning from the Chiricahuas the sunset was magical... as so was the ride up, all in the Blog.
Feeling always like a kid in a candy store... that is me today... new maps, new roads with the knowledge that I will be here, in this area anyhow, till it starts warming up a bit...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Explorer
Anza Borrego Desert State Park (ABDSP)

123231545-L.jpg

The whole Forum should come and ride here!!! What an off road Mecca!!!
Leave some space I always think... with a load like mine the braking effect is just not the same... specially when second in line to a minor fender bender... What was really funny and I wish I had a picture of it, but we had to move along as this happened... We had to wait a while for the accident to be moved. A cop arrives coming the other way... parks and crosses the median by foot...
They are making some space for us to move along... as we leave... he sprints back to his car as I almost run over him, I look... and the brushes under his car are on fire!!! flames are shooting 3 to 4 feet by the time he reaches the other side... myself wondering what he is going to do... he jumps in the car, gutsy move... and drives it forward! Gets his extinguisher and puts the fire out... his car was not burning... yet! Wonder... wonder... I bet he will never throw that cigarette again down when getting out of his car!!!
It was down to 19 degrees last night!... I will not complain, I know I am at about the most southern point there could be and everyone else has to be colder. So you will not hear about it... anymore! Instead I will write my day in the Blog, my first day in this unusual State Park...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
The exhaust probably started the fire.

I hope that red truck was the tow rig and I hope he losses his insurance AND gets ticketed heavily. Stupid fool with junk equipment and ZERO safety consciousness. Could have got a family killed when his Beverly hillbillies set up fell apart.

I been meaning to ask. Where were you a Chef at ?

beemerchef

Explorer
This is real Desert, a reminder!

123517269-L.jpg

I have not been able to settle since I have been here, unlike other places that I have been, I have dug deeper and deeper and very slowly some mental answers are, vaguely I have to say, taking some various shapes. I watched a short movie this morning at the Visitor Center about the Marshall Family that lived here on Ghost Mountain for 15 years... hiking for 14 miles they brought wood piece by piece to built their home... their water came from miles away 12 gallons at the time... They had 3 children and they end up with a divorce in later years. Can we change so much, from one extreme to another? I miss the simpler years... of course I can go back to them as right now nothing prevails but truly the matters of the mind... ABDSP is an enigma to me as I wonder why it has brought up all these questions in my mind? Is it because it is so vast?... so much land with the freedom to live on it anywhere one likes?... the invitation sure is there... I will probably take it after my stay here in the Park... that is what I have been longing for...
I got to ride some of those areas today... much land... and much sand!

The Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Explorer
Beautiful Southern ABDSP

123901265-L.jpg

We had a blast today! Literally... my best day since in ABDSP... and, as someone mentioned it, the Southern part of the Park is it for me! No doubt... I am finding out slowly what attracts me to the land... Vast open spaces, the solitude and the lack of a crowd, unlike Borrego Springs itself.
Having commitments from the 26th of this month to be in Death Valley and Mojave Desert and backtrack to Gila Bend for a couple days, I know... thanks for the support, it is a tough schedule... I decided to come back here afterward but camp in the Southern part which you will read a bit of it in today’s Blog.

You be well...

Ara and a tired Spirit... snoring as we speak!!!

beemerchef

Explorer
The first bloom in ABDSP...

124089214-M.jpg

Busy, busy!... maybe I will take a vacation and “do nothing” someday, and then again, that is just not me!
From meeting locals in Borrego Springs to picking my next campsite in the wilderness... finally... and getting stuck one more time... it is all in the Blog with of course, more pictures!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

I have really been enjoying reading your trip journal. That Spirit is an amazing critter! I love his brindle coloring and he seems to put up with all the off road adventures with a great sense of "spirit" and adventure!

Look forward to more reading.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Ara - wonderful blog!

And I LOVE your bike - wow. I have always wanted an R65; then I saw the Enfield, and changed my allegiance; but your bike takes the prize. Wow!

Keep up the great stories - thank you for sharing!

beemerchef

Explorer
Thank you...

Thank you very much... nice to read your posts... It has been fun for us... and Spirit is quite a sweetheart!... patient... well mannered... and lazy when he needs to be!!! It is amazing the change in him these past three months...
In about 2 weeks I will pick up my Internet Dish with a couple days of training on how to set it up... It will open up some new Horizons, specially in warmer weather with the ability to camp anywhere and post instantly... maybe live video cam... What have I gotten in to!!!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Explorer
Camping East ABDSP

124409842-L.jpg

Out of Borrego Springs this am... into the camping spot I was checking out yesterday... time to put everything to test... and even managed to take a little ride toward Salton Sea... A beautiful HOT day, not a good one for pictures as the haze was real thick, still managed to save some for your viewing on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Ara, how are my friend? It looks like you and spirit have covered some ground since the last time I seen you at the Vortex. I was wondering where you might be in between feb.25th and march 11th? Bluebye and I are going to be taking off on the bikes and heading west for a 2 week trip and I was hoping that we could possibly meet up. We don't have definite plans as far as routes, just stay off the Interstates as much as possible. I won't be able to do any dirt because I sold the R100GS and now have a SV650S. I will try to pm you. Keep the rubber side down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior