The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

deminimis

Explorer
Searched, but not finding it. Not near my cooler. What type fuse is used in the CFX cigar plug (AGX, AGU, AGW, AGY, or?????)? Thanks!

m.reed.1

Wildebeest_Overland
@Dometic Long post coming! I am having serious issues with my Dometic CFX3 75DZ that I need product support for. Within the last week, I plugged in my fridge for the first time in about 2 months and noticed that it wasn't cooling properly. It seems as if the fridge is only choosing to cool one side over the other. I have tried to factory reset the fridge, with no luck. When one side is off, the fridge will likely cool the opposite side, even though that side would be turned off. It also won't stop cooling the side that is off either, resulting in extreme cold temperatures (-13 or colder). I have switched sides between the one indicating is on to the one indicating off with no luck either. It seems like it starts cooling an opposite side again. With both sides on and set to the same temperature, the cooler will only cool one side over the other. I'm not sure what is happening with the ability to cool both sides, but I'm not even able to get it to cool to a certain temp, it seems like it will continue to get colder. I have attached screenshots with a blurb about what I had done or what is indicated along with timestamps. With several big trips upcoming, this is not what we were hoping to have. I recently registered my product online and if any information is needed, please let me know.

Attachments

• dometic issues.pdf
    421.3 KB · Views: 7

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Thanks for the post and sorry that you're having trouble with your DZ.

Would you PM your contact info (name, email, phone) and info on when you purchased your 75DZ? I'll get one of the team to get back in touch with you and see if we can get this fully sorted for you (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

beatrixy

My family and I go on camping trips every few months and I found the DOMETIC CFX 28 online and decided to invest in it. I'm very happy I invested in it because of the cooling and freezing options that we're now able to have. We can purchase meat and freeze them for the longer trips. In my opinion, the refrigerator was more on the expensive side but again, it was worth it. The only issue I've had is that my husband accidentally dropped it one time while unloading it from our RV and one of the handles broke. Purchasing a new handle of the brand itself was quite expensive, but I was able to find a replica online for a much cheaper price and it looks identical to the original almost. Overall, great product to invest in.

SBSYNCRO

I've been running a CFX50 for about three or four years now. I replaced the rear seats of my JKU with a plywood deck and in order to maximize space and purchased a custom-fit slide from DFG Offroad. This enables me to *just* fit in a set of 4 Frontrunner Wolf Pack boxes with almost zero wasted space. It has been a really good setup and has seen tens of thousands of miles of travel. Power has been provided by a 500 watt hour lithium ion pack mounted on a bracket on the driver's side which is charged by a 100w panel on the roof. This unit started giving me trouble on a recent trip so I replaced it with a 1500 watt hour unit which is temporarily secured to the deck just forward of the fridge unit.

One of the recurring issues is the damned power plug. It is such a poor solution for this type of arrangement for a variety of reasons:
  • It wastes space because the plug sticks out so far from the otherwise flush face of a battery pack
  • It is subject to damage because it sticks out
  • It tends to wobble loose and can easily lose connection if it isn't checked constantly

Frankly I'm shocked that a better solution has not arrived that is compatible between the various makers of lithium battery packs and the various fridge manufacturers. Most battery packs only have regulated 12v output via a 12v ciggie plug (and sometimes barrel connectors). The Dometic and ARB fridges have their proprietary plug connectors, which work very well, but do not interface with any of the lithium battery pack manufactures.

I would very much like to see either Dometic offer a cord with Anderson power plug or XT60 connector AND the various battery companies adopt this standard for a 12v regulated outlet OR (as a retrofit solution) some sort of flush-mount 12v ciggie plug to APP or XT60 that could be inserted into the universal 12v plug on all battery packs and then maybe epoxied in place, exposing a female XT60 or APP receptacle.

The biggest hassle with operating a 12v fridge in a vehicle has always been this power connection (unless you are willing to DIY a battery pack, which typically costs quite a bit more and ends but being less compact and versatile).

On a separate note, I LOVE my Dometic fridge (I've replaced the thermistor twice in the 4 years I've had it) and the best addition I've made to it (other than the insulated cover) has been a bluetooth sensor from TempFi. it allows me to set alarms for both temp and humidity and also to chart both over time without having to connect to the fridge via WiFi (which then causes the phone to lose internet).

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 13

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I've been running a CFX50 for about three or four years now. I replaced the rear seats of my JKU with a plywood deck and in order to maximize space and purchased a custom-fit slide from DFG Offroad. This enables me to *just* fit in a set of 4 Frontrunner Wolf Pack boxes with almost zero wasted space. It has been a really good setup and has seen tens of thousands of miles of travel. Power has been provided by a 500 watt hour lithium ion pack mounted on a bracket on the driver's side which is charged by a 100w panel on the roof. This unit started giving me trouble on a recent trip so I replaced it with a 1500 watt hour unit which is temporarily secured to the deck just forward of the fridge unit.

One of the recurring issues is the damned power plug. It is such a poor solution for this type of arrangement for a variety of reasons:
  • It wastes space because the plug sticks out so far from the otherwise flush face of a battery pack
  • It is subject to damage because it sticks out
  • It tends to wobble loose and can easily lose connection if it isn't checked constantly

Frankly I'm shocked that a better solution has not arrived that is compatible between the various makers of lithium battery packs and the various fridge manufacturers. Most battery packs only have regulated 12v output via a 12v ciggie plug (and sometimes barrel connectors). The Dometic and ARB fridges have their proprietary plug connectors, which work very well, but do not interface with any of the lithium battery pack manufactures.

I would very much like to see either Dometic offer a cord with Anderson power plug or XT60 connector AND the various battery companies adopt this standard for a 12v regulated outlet OR (as a retrofit solution) some sort of flush-mount 12v ciggie plug to APP or XT60 that could be inserted into the universal 12v plug on all battery packs and then maybe epoxied in place, exposing a female XT60 or APP receptacle.

The biggest hassle with operating a 12v fridge in a vehicle has always been this power connection (unless you are willing to DIY a battery pack, which typically costs quite a bit more and ends but being less compact and versatile).

On a separate note, I LOVE my Dometic fridge (I've replaced the thermistor twice in the 4 years I've had it) and the best addition I've made to it (other than the insulated cover) has been a bluetooth sensor from TempFi. it allows me to set alarms for both temp and humidity and also to chart both over time without having to connect to the fridge via WiFi (which then causes the phone to lose internet).

We appreciate the feedback on the cord/connectors. I've passed this along to the team. No guarantee that any of these can be supported in the near/long term, but we appreciate sending the feedback/ideas!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

SBSYNCRO

We appreciate the feedback on the cord/connectors. I've passed this along to the team. No guarantee that any of these can be supported in the near/long term, but we appreciate sending the feedback/ideas!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com
Thanks. For other people curious about this topic, I did manage to find a DC5521 connector rated to 15 amps (I'm skeptical) and replaced the Dometic plug with a right angle DC5521 connector for a much cleaner fit. After running it for a couple of days and pulling between 30 and 70 watts as the fridge cycles on and off, I have not detected any excessive resistance or heat buildup. Perhaps this is the ideal solution, @Dometic - a power plug that has a right angle connector to a DC5521 port, which is something most battery packs have nowadays on their 12v output side.

Attachments

• 71210749815__42D59D7F-CF2C-4594-BFB3-1127EEA457FA.jpeg
    71210749815__42D59D7F-CF2C-4594-BFB3-1127EEA457FA.jpeg
    898.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

b42

Hello, I recently bought a mobile kitchen unit with Dometic CFX28 fridge which is connected on the 12V output of an Ecoflow River MAX 576 Wh battery but I have some issues with the combi and don't find the problem. This combination is sold mutiple times without any major problem so far.

Fridge is cooling right away when connected to the battery but when the temperature is reached it doesn't restart when needed (when temperature rises). Even when I lower the SET temp to freezing level nothing happens (green light on the CFX display is ON but output power on the battery is 0 W. When I reset the DC button on the battery or reset the 12V plug, the compressor of the fridge immediately restarts and output is 16W cooling down to the SET temp.

The strange thing is that I tested it for some days now and on 1 occasion it worked and drained the battery completely as it should be. All the other times it didn't restart and temperature rises till outside temperature.

Any help is appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior