The Plan...

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Hi guys,
I've have been finishing up some some of the final parts which are mostly electrical. My plan is to have it running ASAP. the clutch is definitely hitting the bellhousing so this is where the engine not-starting issue is coming from... I'll have posts shortly...

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Whatever became of this build? Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I've waiting anxiously to see an update on this truck. Any news, photos...?

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
oh come on man, i have so much patience i could start a hospital. i'm bugging you though because i have the same body style and your truck is a huge inspiration for me since so few people are using that body style on Expo. Any teaser update, or a photo maybe?

digitalferg

Adventurer
Since Dre isn't giving us anything....Thought I'd link up a couple builds that I've come across recently while doing some more research on this kind of a swap...

Couple of stock 80 series setups put under 3rd Gen 4Runners:

Fernando at CampingLabs: http://nfcruiserheads.org/forum/index.php?topic=570.0 (This truck is actually currently for sale on mud and ebay, maybe here too...)

attachment.php

attachment.php

And yotarunner98's: http://forum.ih8mud.com/95-gen-toyota-trucks/418629-4landrunner-build-up.html

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

CYi5

Explorer
I dig it; wish someone would make an 80 series swap kit for the 3rd gen/tacoma. It'd be nice to have twin e-lockers :)

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Just seeing these posts - sorry about that. I still have it and it is basically preserved in my shop waiting for the time to finish it up. I apologize but I stopped posting about it and/or making claims about when I would have it done because they haven't happened and a few other projects and actually getting out a lot (on motos mostly) has taken over with a lot of the time with the "thrill of the build" that I was putting into this truck. I recall a great quote / line from Scott Brady some years ago that he likes using the trucks more than building them. In this case this arguement very much so has merit...

So basically I thought I would post as I actually have things done.. Sorry for any delays with information and posting!

I have actually been hoping I could resume again maybe this winter, with luck... I'll start posting up if/when as things happen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12