the R T T thread who has a favorite ?

arb098

Adventurer
It's not an apples to apples comparison since we were using a different tent with the roof rack setup (an HEO Glasgow Ground Tent, similar to the OZ RV-3 or RV-5), but in going from 13 to 13.5 mpg I figure the trailer will pay for itself right before the aluminum it's made from dissolves back into the earth through natural decomposition.

IMG_4871

That's not nearly as bad as I was thinking. We're debating on whether it would be worth shelling out the extra cash for hardshell rtt, but I like the idea of having a second awning and possibly an annex.

HEO makes some quality stuff. Ironically, my fiance's family own a bakery right in front of his shop, and I've still not made it back there to check it out. I remember her telling me that their neighbor made adventure trailers and didn't think anything about it until she pointed out an HEO trailer at Jeep Invasion and said that it was made by him.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, I've only had one RTT so my TEPUI KUKENAM is my favorite--well made/well packed/well represented here on this forum-

I tried it on top of my '08 JKUR, but that was strictly limiting the daily use of the jeeps intended purposes-
001_zps3125b80c.jpg

004_zps664c519e.jpg

So, I put IT on my trailer and that was SUCCESS
maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20037_zpsfhubmd7o.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20031%20-%20Copy_zpswdtkfdjz.jpg

whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

haolepinoy

Incomplete Idiot
HEO makes some quality stuff. Ironically, my fiance's family own a bakery right in front of his shop, and I've still not made it back there to check it out. I remember her telling me that their neighbor made adventure trailers and didn't think anything about it until she pointed out an HEO trailer at Jeep Invasion and said that it was made by him.

Yeah, we've run into Jeff & Kate Oliver a few times over the last two years and they've always been kind and helpful to our family. I bought the trailer off Tommy Clapp with BOLD Overland (they're a great family of folks too). CVT has a shop right there in Chattanooga near you. Bobby Culpepper is the manager over there, and he's pretty active on the ETO Facebook page. You guys in Tennessee have a lot going on when it comes to overlanding. Looking forward to visiting in March and April this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears