The Rice Thread

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
we have some of these :) Costco has been carrying them here in PHX at least :) even the kids liked them :)
That's where I found it. They have canned black beans that don't suck too these days.

I try not to do white rice if I can help it.
And the quinoa in this adds a little crunch that's a surprise ----- no clean-up, already seasoned, not too awfully high in sodium.
Leaves me time to bake something in the Dutch (or not).

At home I just use the Success line of boil-in-bag brown rice. Being vegan and all we eat LOTS of rice.

Honu

lost on the mainland
me being from Hawaii I am a white rice guy big time ! was pretty much every meal :) hard to get away from that love with Aloha Shoyu :) YUMMMY
I am a carnivore though :) love my meat Ironic when I ate more than I do now I was in very insane good shape but thats another story :)

you ever try those brown rice instant bowls they have at costco ? I have a hard time buying rice when its so easy to cook but the sample ladies as I call them were out in force and had that a big ago as a sample and have to say I was surprised at how good it was :)

got to say trying to learn more of this dutch oven stuff is kinda fun ! trying to figure out the camp chef dome thing a bit more ! need more heat on the top somehow so trying a few tests over the next week we get so many burn bans ! its kinda a needed thing IMHO here if you want to do the DO stuff

still shocked how much easier my GSI oven is to keep clean compared to my cast iron one !!!!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
My dog usually licks the GSI DO after it's cooled. Then we wipe it out and boil a little water in it.
Spotless.

When we ate meat we'd cook Cornish Game Hens in it for a treat; try that. Really really good and easy too. Purdue sells them preseasoned if you want.

Made a big vegan Shepherd's Pie for Country Fried Weekend this year in it. I had it so full that the mashed potatoes were flush with the lid and got wonderfully crispy.

But the bakery goods are the kicker. There's nothing better than something baked fresh when it's cold and damp.
You sit by the fire, put up your feet, crunch into a fresh bit of French bread with a cup of nice dry Bordeaux. Yum.

Glamping at its best.

You have to come east some time, Honu.

Oh, yeah. Rice. Sorry Doc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman