The San Diego/TACODOC...Meet/Greet/Eat/N~Wheel!

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

blupaddler

Conspirator
Thanks to Doc for putting this all together! Way to go Chief!

Oh, and if anyone wants the "real" size pics just PM me. I have more too.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
blupaddler said:
Thanks to Doc for putting this all together! Way to go Chief!

Oh, and if anyone wants the "real" size pics just PM me. I have more too.

Awesome Pics Robb!!!

creek.jpg

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Doc's Dish

Scenic WonderRunner said:
The best ever San Diego/ExPo.....TACODOC...........Meet/Greet/Eat/N~Wheel!

.......I think there was way too much Eating!:chowtime:

......and did you know...that if you wander around the campsite like a homeless person......ExPo camper members will offer you FREE FOOD!............:wings:

And Thank You TACODOC..............!............for Feeding me Sat. night! Now just what do you call that.......I know it has to be some kind of Louisiana Jumbolia...........but you are from the Pacific NorthWest!...........Now just how did that Happen>?!!!!!!:chowtime:

I have had a lot of questions so here it is... Doc's Dish!

Combine in a large skillet over a Coleman single burner:

1 sliced up Beef Polska Kielbasa (brown these first)

1 bag Ore-Ida hashbrowns
1 bag Ore-Ida diced onions
1 can corn (drained)

Season-All to your taste...

Cook until done...

Mix in 1 bag of shredded Colby-Jack chesse...

...Voila! Enjoy!

Cost: about $5.00 US
Feeds: 3 or 4 depending...

2007_1118TacoDocExPoMeetNGret0284.jpg

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

......and remember to stir over open flame on starry moonlit night with blinding headlamp on!............:chowtime:

2007_1118TacoDocExPoMeetNGret0280.jpg
<~the mystery revealed!

.......thanks Mr. and Mrs. TACODOC!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
......and remember to stir over open flame on starry moonlit night with blinding headlamp on!............:chowtime:

... and remember folks, the blinding headlamp is to ensure sanitary food handling in the field!

You're welcome Mark! :)

We had such a great time!

2007_1118TacoDocExPoMeetNGret0211.jpg

2007_1118TacoDocExPoMeetNGret0209.jpg

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

If you stay out in the desert too long......you start to have these grow out of the back of your neck!

Be sure to wash up Every Morning!!..........:shakin:

2007_1118TacoDocExPoMeetNGret0377.jpg

This shot has to be the Best Ever ....Chaser Pic AD!!!!

I'll be glad to sell it!......hehe:arabia:

~~~~~~~~~~~

The little Oasis we found was really Kewl....there was actually a little water!

2007_1118TacoDocExPoMeetNGret0374.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiak1232003

Adventurer
hey just wanted to say that we had a great time, and were sorry we had to come and leave early.

We felt blessed to meet everyone, though, and as this was Melissa's first real trailride, i wanted to thank everyone for their friendly, safe manner. It put her at ease and she even accepted the offer to drive us back to the trailhead after i drove us out of the last water crossing, (big step for her!)

We made it back JUST in time/RIGHT on time to relieve our nanny and then of all things, drove on to Disneyland, as a treat for our daughters...so it really was a GREAT weekend for us.

We didn't take many pics, because we we're video taping most of the time, but sadly, most of the files were lost to a data transfer snafu. ARRRRGGHH!!!

I think I might be able to salvage some of them, but i'm not hopeful so I'll update as I extract them.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Anybody remember the lost guy that drove into our camp after dark?

Lost Guy: "I'm lost"

TACODOC: "You looking for the ExpeditionPortal group"?

Lost Guy: "No, I'm with the 4X4 Fools With No Rules".

I don't know why but that popped into my head this afternoon and it made me laugh out loud.

TheRoadie

Explorer
Har. Sounds like they shun rules, but they also neglect important things, like planning, communication, backup communication, lost communication procedures, and so forth. I wonder if their "no rules" philosophy also applies to those other annoying pieces of advice, like "carry water to the desert, fool" and "make sure you have more than enough of everything so you're not caught unprepared".

Sheesh - I'm telling my co-workers that my image of an ExPo expedition is like being with Boy Scouts on steroids. And I've only been reading about them - not gone on one yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior