The Superu! 2005 Subaru Outback wagon

Superu

Explorer
For those of you who've followed the Superu over the years, you know pretty much all there is to know about this great little Subie. In the interest of enlightenment for those of you who haven't followed the build, I'll give a brief rundown.

Started out as a base 2005 Subaru Outback wagon. Over several years, many modifications and enhancements were made. Some have remained and some have been removed or changed. What is here today is the current iteration of the Superu.

P7288847.JPG

•2005 Subaru Outback Wagon w/~170k miles (nearly all highway)
•2.5 liter boxer engine w/4EAT automatic transmission
•Safari Snorkel professionally installed by the 4x4 center in Burlington, VT
•Primitive Racing skid plates front and rear.
•2" Body Lift from AUSubaru in Queensland, Australia
•1" of additional suspension lift from King Springs AU
•New KYB GR-2 struts all around (2011)
•Recent timing belt service
•4300k Xenon HID projector headlights
•3000k Xenon HID fog lights
•Auto-dimming mirror with compass and Homelink
•New catalytic converters installed by dealer under warranty at 137k miles.
•Class III 2" Hidden Hitch trailer hitch
•Recent brake pads and rotors all around (2011)
•Synthetic oil used for all changes and for diffs and tranny
•Nicro solar powered cabin vent
•Black Leather heated/power seats from an 07 and new factory black carpet in lieu of original tan cloth installed in 2011.
•Custom front light bar w/Lightforce Striker 170 driving lights
•Alpine stereo w/ipod interface and cable included
•Yokohama Geolandar AT/S all terrain tires w/full sized spare
•Subaru All-Weather floor mats front and rear
•JDM Rain Visors
•Rally Armor Mud Flaps
•JDM tail lights(original right rear cracked when tree jumped in front of it while reversing so I replaced both. Small dent and paint crack near light.
•Pine tree pinstriping
•Envy of your friends and family
•Incredulous looks from passersby
•Chance to be engaged in conversations with total strangers
And most importantly, a great looking and fun to drive car that will take you almost anywhere through any type of weather!

P7288854.JPG

The miles on this subie are nearly all highway. It's seen a small percentage of its miles off-road on beach sand trails, forest service roads, abandoned 18th century paths and mild trails. It is very capable in all conditions and is a great daily driver.

P7288863.JPG

Asking price is a very reasonable $5200. Local buyer preferred so you can see it, drive it and be confident in what you are buying. Please bear in mind this is a used car. A well maintained and adored used car, but a used car with 170,000 miles nonetheless. Please don't expect a new car that's perfect. If you do, you will be disappointed. If you come with realistic expectations for a used car with 170k miles on her, then you may just leave as the new owner! Car is in Rhode Island.

P7288864.JPG

More details and newer pics available at thesuperu.com

Last edited:

Superu

Explorer
What kind of MPH (city/Hi-way) and what would you repair in the near future?
Not sure about city miles since my commute is only about 6 miles from house to highway and then 60 miles of pure highway. I average about 25.2 on my commute and that's driving between 70-75 most of the trip.

It's going in for service shortly to replace a torn front inner CV boot. Did the opposite one last year. Also having the power steering pump checked out since it's seems a bit hard at low/no speed to me. I can't recall when it didn't feel that way and my wife drives it with no problem, so it could just be that I'm unfairly comparing it to my S6. Timing belt is probably not that far off. I'll have to check my records for the exact mileage when it was last done.

Other than that, things are pretty good for a car with 170k miles on her. As mentioned in the full description on my website, brakes, rotors and shocks were all done fairly recently as were plugs and wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears