The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
The Starlight is working out great! It is really nice to open the door and have the two lights come on. Also nice to know when somebody is coming to the door in the dark, both now when working on the camper in my driveway and in the future while camped.

One thing that needs to be done with these lights installed is to have an on/off switch located inside the camper, as a motion detecting light will not work out so well when driving at night. Also there will be times when I do not want any lights coming on during the night. So I plan to wire in a light switch located inside the door.

Thanks to westyss for posting information about his outside light.

The Smart Light with Star Monitor

lightve.jpg

I also installed this outside light, these are great, has a motion detector and came with LED, very bright and works great, recommended! It can be used normally on or set up for motion detection, and will blink red if battery levels go too low.

Light update; this light is a great addition to my camper, I like the fact that its LED, and a nice bright LED, the motion detection is great, we sit at the fire and its nice and dark, when we need to go inside to make another cold beverage, get up and the light turns on to pave the way. It doesnt go off with the dog roaming around. Two thumbs up for this unit.

Best place to buy looks to be on ebay.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
After reading about that light, I'm thinking of getting one for our camper. I also thought about having a bypass switch to be able to turn it off either while driving or when stealth camping and you dont want it coming on

Love all the links and info I'm getting from this build!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
After reading about that light, I'm thinking of getting one for our camper. I also thought about having a bypass switch to be able to turn it off either while driving or when stealth camping and you dont want it coming on

Love all the links and info I'm getting from this build!

I have to say that I do smile every time I walk out to the camper in the dark and the lights come on for me.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Blue Performance cabin bags

Installed both of the Blue Performance cabin bags on the lifting panels. I mounted them using a clothesline method, simply drilling a hole in the aluminum L and tying paracord thru the bag.

They are permanently mounted, as they do not affect opening or closing with the lifting panels. In fact the rear one is easily accessible from the door with the top down. This will be handy as I often forget my keys and need to go back and retrieve them from inside.

img0594ez.jpg

img0592ep.jpg

Thought one of these would work as a nice storage solution on the rear lifting panel. I am thinking keys, headlamps, and maps/brochures.

10564.jpg

I will also put one at the front of the camper, as a place to stash small things needed in the night.

blueperformance.com

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I did a fair amount of work with the aluminum that is going to cover the lower part of the interior. Cutting, bending, cutting. It was fun to work on it. Still need to do the finish grinding and sanding, it looks like a refrigerator at the moment, but it is well on its way.

img0595gs.jpg

img0596og.jpg

Still trying to figure out what to do with the top of the benches. It will need to have a break or be flexible for accessing the small storage area inside. Ideas?

Soon I can mount the Lagun table bracket....

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
It's coming along nicely! I really like those lights. They would be perfect for my M416. Nothing like having some light when climbing in/out of the RTT, or just approaching the trailer in the dark.

pods8

Explorer
One thing that needs to be done with these lights installed is to have an on/off switch located inside the camper, as a motion detecting light will not work out so well when driving at night. Also there will be times when I do not want any lights coming on during the night. So I plan to wire in a light switch located inside the door.

I don't know how you would have ever considered a switch optional. :p

Coming along. What are you going for on the benches, want something just aesthetic, want something soft, etc. ???

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Coming along. What are you going for on the benches, want something just aesthetic, want something soft, etc. ???

I guess I am looking mostly for aesthetics, although something semi soft might not be a bad idea. Something like a RidgeRest but aesthetically nice.

pods8

Explorer
I guess I am looking mostly for aesthetics, although something semi soft might not be a bad idea. Something like a RidgeRest but aesthetically nice.

I posted some foam & rubber flooring samples I had picked up in consideration for my build, a foam with a pattern on it might suit you okay. Light, soft, wear resistant, flexible, replaceable.
2011-08-30_20-23-31_626.jpg

skiroc

Observer
Installed both of the Blue Performance cabin bags on the lifting panels. I mounted them using a clothesline method, simply drilling a hole in the aluminum L and tying paracord thru the bag.

Can you post a wider angle picture so I can see exactly where you put these?

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Just want to throw in my congrats on the new camper. Really enjoying the thoughtful approach to functionality, weight, and simplicity. Keep up the good work, alot of us are keeping notes. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger