The White Rim Trail: February 2016

Idaho_Pakeha

Occasional Archaeologist
Cool pix! BTW that is a flake, not an arrowhead. It likely is debris from the process of making an arrowhead. Also, they are illegal to collect on federal land, just sayin.

Cool pix! BTW that is a flake, not an arrowhead. It likely is debris from the process of making an arrowhead. Also, they are illegal to collect on federal land, just sayin.

Thanks for the info! How can you tell the difference between a flake and an actual arrowhead? Not disagreeing with you I literally have no idea.

We didn't take them not because it's illegal I didn't know that either. But because I have no need for them and hope the next person who finds them gets a kick out of them. Mike and I were literally talking about how this would be such a cool place to live as an Indian when we ran across them.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I've been going out there around 30 years. I suppose White Rim should be on the list. We found arrow heads a few times around the Hatch Point area.

djsixbillion

Adventurer
Great stuff. I'll be out there riding the trail on two wheels (self-powered!) in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the inspiration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12