TheJosh's 04' 4Runner Build Thread

TheJosh

Explorer
Replaced Both Optimas This Weekend With A DieHard Platinum Starting Battery And A DieHard Platinum Marine Battery For My Aux

file-920.jpg

Almost Finish With My Re-Wire Project

The only thing left to do is make 2 jumpers from the battery to the BusBar and re do the terminals on the aux battery

i made brackets using thick plastics sheets i got in the bargain bin at Tap Plastics. i decided to mount a cover over the engine fuse box to give more surface ares for the busbars and to create a space to mount the Hella Relay Box. the relay box was a tad tricky to figure out in the beginning, but once i did it came out really clean. all my wires are easily accessible, clean and protected with Non-Flammable PET sleeves.

file-1832.jpg

file-2054.jpg

TheJosh

Explorer

TheJosh

Explorer
today we headed out of truckee around noon to do the bear valley loop. I've done this trail 3 times so far and every time i do it i always find more trails and never end up in the same spot in the end. today we decided to run the whole loop plus the "difficult Loop Back" there wasn't a whole lot of snow but where the snow was it presented challenges like on steep inclines, declines and off camber sections. the snow also covered all the flat land so at some point i wasn't sure what direction to go

any who here are some pics!

faaaf21e.jpg

d11ae72e.jpg

Perfect Weather

0734834e.jpg

cockpit

f6678677.jpg

rear view

9c1dbf16.jpg

148caa04.jpg

the misses

3552ca52.jpg

bac561e2.jpg

e5328af7.jpg

dbac988c.jpg

53dbf98b.jpg

e4bb25bb.jpg

552912f8.jpg

8b9a2fd9.jpg

79a1c243.jpg

d2abb866.jpg

about 12 miles into the trail we come to a dead end, well almost...

i big tree recently fell blocking the path. so i pull out the winch controller and the tree saver strap. for the first tree we wanted to drag the tree down hill and by the placement of the strap it worked. the tree dragged downhill about 10 ft. the we moved the strap up higher in a attempt to break the tree in half. that also worked as planned (ill post up a video shortly) with the tree now snapped in half it was clear for us to continue on

acadc79c.jpg

f9129b0a.jpg

eb61d379.jpg

TheJosh

Explorer
i installed the Warn Solenoid Extension cable a few weeks back. now i don't need to pop the hood when i plug my remote in. came in very handy this weekend!

file-1271.jpg

TheJosh

Explorer
I received my Ballistic Fab Battery Trap today so i immediately pulled it out of the box and painted it. while the paint was drying i was figuring out how to make it fit. this battery and battery tray is much larger than the optima so it took some work to make it fit. another thing i noticed is the tray has 2 "wings" on each side when the top plate mounts to so that makes install a bit harder. i reinforced the bottom mounts and tilted the battery slightly towards the firewall, lastly i move the Intelligent solenoid to the right 4 inches to clear the battery.

when i have the time I'm gonna build another little bracket to hold the Midi fuse for the rear outlet and the Midi fuse for the Battery cable running from the main to give it a clean look like it i did with the fuse block a week or so ago

file-1635.jpg

file-1893.jpg

file-473.jpg

soonenough

Explorer
Seriously awesome build! :drool: One question - your frame looks like it was painted or coated with something. What did you use? Spray paint? POR15?

TheJosh

Explorer
Seriously awesome build! :drool: One question - your frame looks like it was painted or coated with something. What did you use? Spray paint? POR15?

thank you very much!

it was actually just painted when i did work to certain areas. when i had the tower gussets done the shop painted the whole area to make it look fresh and to cover the welding.

it was just semigloss rustoleum

TheJosh

Explorer
Getting ready for shaver lake so i went on some of the trails in my backyard.

i think i need to replace my Light Racing balljoints, the front end feels a bit sloppy, i think ill put the wheels and further inspect, i also am leaking a bit of diff fluid from my rear axle seals, i called currie and they said to check the fluid level as it may be too full and adjust as neccessary (thought it was weird to leak on a 2 year old axle)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior