Thermometer to see outside temps

Superduty

Adventurer
I am looking for a thermometer that I can hang outside the sleeping area and then be able to see the temp via bluetooth on phone. Any recommendations? Anyone have such a set up that they like?

I tried a brand called Govee (bought from Amazon) and wasn't overly impressed with it.

Dr Gil

I use this at home to know the accurate temp outside my door. You can't really "hang" it outside, but you can place it outside. I. use it every morning to see the temp outside.

Superduty

Adventurer
I use this at home to know the accurate temp outside my door. You can't really "hang" it outside, but you can place it outside. I. use it every morning to see the temp outside.

Looks like a great product, but I think it only works through wifi. When out in the middle of nowhere, I think I will need a bluetooth connection. I think this product sends the data to the internet and then your phone accesses the info through the internet.

Superduty

Adventurer
Fwiw,
Sorry its not a bluetooth gizmo...
I have a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer made by AccuRite. It was about 20$. Takes a couple AA cells.
Works great, its remote is about 50’ from the base display.

I used to have an accurite at the house and it worked well....but no BT.

Superduty

Adventurer
This is what I use.

I saw that yesterday and put one in my Amazon cart. I was holding off on purchasing it to see what other ideas would come through on this thread.

Any comments good or bad about this particular brand?

Do you know which model you have?

From what I can tell they have the

Low end made in China.

Mid-level made in USA

High level made in USA with high accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Alloy

I saw that yesterday and put one in my Amazon cart. I was holding off on purchasing it to see what other ideas would come through on this thread.

Any comments good or bad about this particular brand?

Do you know which model you have?

From what I can tell they have the

Low end made in China.

Mid-level made in USA

High level made in USA with high accuracy.

It's the HT.w

It's been outside but out of the rain/snow at home and camping with no issues.

Almost picked up 2 more to keep track of the temp of the tanks in the trailer in winter but I held off hoping they go on sale.

App works good.

Superduty

Adventurer
It's the HT.w

It's been outside but out of the rain/snow at home and camping with no issues.

Almost picked up 2 more to keep track of the temp of the tanks in the trailer in winter but I held off hoping they go on sale.

App works good.
How long have you been using it for?

I checked 3 camels, it looks like it had only gone done in price to $60 once for a short period last year.

Alloy

How long have you been using it for?

I checked 3 camels, it looks like it had only gone done in price to $60 once for a short period last year.

Since November...5 months.

I've left it at home 2X so that's another reason to have more.

ventura911

Adventurer
This is what I use.

How do you think the unit would do mounted semi-permanently beneath a solar panel on the roof? Any other vehicle mounting ideas? Or is this something best set out when used and then stored inside when done?

Alloy

How do you think the unit would do mounted semi-permanently beneath a solar panel on the roof? Any other vehicle mounting ideas? Or is this something best set out when used and then stored inside when done?
If you want ambient air temp under a solar panel isn't a good place.
Haven't had it near water so I don't know how good the seals are.
I like to set it on a piece of wood under the truck/trailer.

01tundra

Explorer
I use SensorPush inside the refrigerator and for outdoor conditions on our travel trailer. They are very accurate and sensitive, so you have to find an outdoor location that is shaded and away from any potential heat sources (such as asphalt, roofs, etc).

Battery life is good and they are weatherproof. There's a small loop in the body that I run a plastic zip tie through for mounting. As for Bluetooth signal strength, I can pick up the temperature inside the refrigerator from about 15-20' outside the trailer. The display on the app is very versatile, you can pick the units of measure, which readings you want displayed, customize sensor naming, etc.

I've used several brands of sensors over the years and these are by far the best. They are pricey, but well worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior