Thermometer to see outside temps

Superduty

Adventurer
I got the sensor push. Looks like a good product. Seems better than the other ones I've used in the past. Granted it's only been a few days.

It's definitely not waterproof as stated by @01tundra but i can see water resistance. The battery cover looks to ruin any waterproof.

I bought the mid level model which was $70.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

01tundra

Explorer
It's definitely not waterproof as stated by @01tundra but i can see water resistance. The battery cover looks to ruin any waterproof.

Correct, I misspoke.

They are "water resistant", to the point of being zip tied under our trailer for well over a year and pulled down the road in many snow and rain storms and still no sign of water intrusion.

The ones I have are water resistant and rated for outdoor use, but not rated to be submerged in water.

"Water-resistant splash-proof and weatherproof design protects sensor from rain and dust."

" Wet Conditions: The HTP.xw features O-ring seals and a special sensor membrane, making it water resistant. While it is not submersible, it is perfect for wet conditions outdoors, in greenhouses, etc."

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
@01tundra do you keep it "permanently" mounted under your trailer?

Yeah, it's been zip tied to the frame for over a year now.

My original one was the series down that didn't have the O-ring on the battery cover, I replaced it with the one I linked that has been improved for water resistance.

Superduty

Adventurer
Yeah, it's been zip tied to the frame for over a year now.

My original one was the series down that didn't have the O-ring on the battery cover, I replaced it with the one I linked that has been improved for water resistance.
Great info. That makes me that much more confident in my decision to order that one.

01tundra

Explorer
Great info. That makes me that much more confident in my decision to order that one.

I originally put it on one side of the frame, but it was picking up heat off the ground, so I moved it up to under the tongue.

Tomorrow I'm going to mount a plastic box under the tongue with the sides cut out for airflow. I'm going to cover the top and bottom of the box with a thermal jacket to minimize any heat reflected from the ground or from above.

01tundra

Explorer
This is my latest attempt to shield the sensor from surface heat.

The box will mount under the trailer tongue. The sensor is mounted to the removable cover with 3M VHB double sided tape.

Drop the four cover screws and have full access to the sensor for battery changes.

I put heat shield on the top and bottom to help insulate the sensor from other heat sources.

We'll see if this works.....

3cTD29w.jpg

661dSgl.jpg

uW2kEAz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior