Thinking about a hardside camper.

UHAULER

Explorer
Thinking about a hardside camper. My truck is a 2004 f250 supercab,shortbed,V-10,6 speed,4wd. I bought the truck last fall to upgrade from an 03 f150 supercrew to pull a small Nash camp trailer. The camp trailer burned to the ground in my driveway 3 months ago.
I've had a Northstar 650 popup camper, then a Carson Rebel 14' toyhauler, then another Northstar 650, then a Ford Van. After a couple of years without a camper we bought the Nash trailer, now that is a pile of ashes, i'm thinking about something else.
If money was no problem, I would probably want a sprinter or flatbed camper, but i'm sticking with the truck I have. Part of me wants to do a flat-ish bed and a custom camper and build something my way but a big project is not really appealing right now. Maybe a flat-ish bed and a used camper making use of side storage.
What would be nice is a basic camper with heater, bathroom ,shower, small sink and 1 or 2 burner stove. Don't want AC, Microwave, easy bake oven,
Anyways, thats my rambling for now.
Truck and trailer
DSC00880.JPG
DSC01013copy.jpg

DSC00839.JPG

DSC01003copy.jpg

ITTOG

Did you fall asleep smoking?

Man, that sucks. I hope no one was injured. Good luck in you new direction.

UHAULER

Explorer
Did you fall asleep smoking?

Man, that sucks. I hope no one was injured. Good luck in you new direction.
No :D
We were on a short trip to the southern Oregon coast. The last day we just decided to make a long drive home. We pulled into the driveway after midnight and were in our own bed within 15 minutes. We were awoken to a loud explosion about 4am. it was all I could do to keep the house from burning down with the garden hose until the fire dept. got there and put it out.
The propane tank was on, The fridge was turned off the day before, the furnace was on but set all the way down. the water heater was off. My best guess is there was a slow propane leak and then the furnace may have kicked on, then BOOM. I think I may have heard a faint alarm going off before it blew. Thankfully one one was hurt. We are kind of nervous about propane now.

montypower

Adventure Time!
It would be nice to hook one of those CO2 alarms to an electronic tank shut off valve. That would solve the blowing up experience. Crazy deal. Did insurance help out?

Sprinter vans are sweet... Incredible to drive and the MPG is insane. But... 4WD is really an AWD with no locking differential options and no locking transfercase (it can send 100% of power to 1 wheel - not helpful). Repairs and parts are complicated. I had most of the things worked out. Doing stuff yourself is important to keep ownership reasonable.

You camper search really comes down to:
1) Size - Is there a limit? Length, Width, Height
2) Comforts - What do you need?

Camper search gets much easier from there. We shot a couple videos reviewing the NorthStar Laredo SC and Liberty campers.

UHAULER

Explorer
It would be nice to hook one of those CO2 alarms to an electronic tank shut off valve. That would solve the blowing up experience. Crazy deal. Did insurance help out?

Sprinter vans are sweet... Incredible to drive and the MPG is insane. But... 4WD is really an AWD with no locking differential options and no locking transfercase (it can send 100% of power to 1 wheel - not helpful). Repairs and parts are complicated. I had most of the things worked out. Doing stuff yourself is important to keep ownership reasonable.

You camper search really comes down to:
1) Size - Is there a limit? Length, Width, Height
2) Comforts - What do you need?

Camper search gets much easier from there. We shot a couple videos reviewing the NorthStar Laredo SC and Liberty campers.
No insurance.

I like your camper. Looking at used older campers. Just like you, I want minimal stuff. Don't want AC, awnings, 3 burner stove, oven, microwave.

Want list-
Hard side with bed over cab
heater- possibly diesel instead of propane
some type of bathroom/shower- honestly I don't fit very well in small rv showers, in the Trailer I just kneeled over and washed my hair and face mostly. My friend has a cutaway box van , he has a shower pan and heats up about 3 gallons in a stock pot. Says it's better than small rv shower.
sink
1 burner stove- use 2 at home, think 1 would be fine in a camper, not into making a mess and having to clean up stuff in a small area.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
No problem. Give us a ring.

Attachments

• 65269358_891509447858873_1347004535477895168_n.jpg
    65269358_891509447858873_1347004535477895168_n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Dodge Ram 1500 camper.jpg
    Dodge Ram 1500 camper.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 38
  • F350 camper .JPG
    F350 camper .JPG