Thinking About A Jeep Commander Who Has One?

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Can 265/75/16 tires fit on a stock Commander? Just curious, thinking of getting something newer with less miles than my Trooper, but just bought new tires and would want to swap them over if I did.

Thanks!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am thinking they can. If you need a bit of clearance, you can pop on a teraflex spacer lift. they will fit for sure.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
265's won't fit on the front. I had new 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers & a 2.5" spacer lift & was just waiting for the weather to warm up. I got a flat with the stock 245/65 so I test mounted a 265/70-17 on my spare rim & put it on the front. If it fit ok & would've mounted all the 265's & ran em for a few weeks. I didn't like how much it rubbed. So I hustled up & just installed the lift. I couldn't be happier that I did it.

Attachments

• 100_1953.jpg
    100_1953.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1954.jpg
    100_1954.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Smksignals

Explorer
I have a 07 Commander and love it. I am going to get the Rough Country 2" lift installed this week and get new tires, probably BFG's. I'll try and get some before and after pix.

Here's a couple pix that are over due. Sorry about the lighting. I did the RC 2" lift and went with 245/70/17 to avoid the spacers for now...

DSC03061.JPG

DSC03062.JPG

farmer xj

I have one ....well i bought one for the wife she loves it and i love the hemi. Be watchful for sunroof leaks due to pluged drain holes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MrWesson

Adventurer
I personally just got tired of owning jeeps(rubicon and 2 WJ's) but a Quadradrive 2 equipped WK is as capable as just about anything else of similar year/type.

I'd stack one up against a Land cruiser or a Land Rover in stock form(own a LR3 now) add the fact that they are reasonably reliable and spacious and IMO it makes a killer all around setup.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I personally just got tired of owning jeeps(rubicon and 2 WJ's) but a Quadradrive 2 equipped WK is as capable as just about anything else of similar year/type.

I'd stack one up against a Land cruiser or a Land Rover in stock form(own a LR3 now) add the fact that they are reasonably reliable and spacious and IMO it makes a killer all around setup.

I 100% agree!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Every time I see a Commander I think... "that would be a really cool expo vehicle!"
Would really dig that with the V6 diesel.
I'd probably have to wood grain the sides with the trim panels to hearken back to my most favorite Jeep of all time, the Grand Wagoneer. :)

Smksignals

Explorer
towing my Neon down the Mojave Rd a couple of weeks ago-

index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998