Thinking about buying a 2002 Land Cruiser

daninghram

Adventurer
So I am thinking about buying a Land Cruiser with 59000 miles. What should I watch out for?
It is a North East car so where should I check for rust issues? Am i really only gonna get 15 miles to the Gallon?

BlackIceBob

I just bought a 2001 LC with DVD navigation and pretty much every other option available back then. It had 122,000 on the clock and was PERFECT except for about a half dozen little scratches. The owner never took her off-road! Can you imagine that?!?!? :) I paid $14,900 for reference for you.

daninghram

Adventurer
I just bought a 2001 LC with DVD navigation and pretty much every other option available back then. It had 122,000 on the clock and was PERFECT except for about a half dozen little scratches. The owner never took her off-road! Can you imagine that?!?!? :) I paid $14,900 for reference for you.

Thanks! very helpfull

mph

Expedition Leader
Looks nice...And yes, you will only get 15 mpg...But, they are nice to drive. I drive a 99 and love it! Good luck.

SmoothLC

Explorer
So I am thinking about buying a Land Cruiser with 59000 miles. What should I watch out for?
It is a North East car so where should I check for rust issues? Am i really only gonna get 15 miles to the Gallon?

At what price?

To put BlackIceBob's vehicle price in context, Utah typically uses NADA pricing. Other states/localities use other pricing systems (e.g. Kelley Blue Book, etc.).

NADA pricing on an LC with tow and nav with 59k, avg trade-in is $17,675, clean trade-in is $19,250, and clean retail is $22,650.

Get a feel for how LC's are priced in your market using Autotrader, find out what pricing system is used, then make a judgment.

Yea, 15 mpg ain't great, especially in this economy, but the vehicles deliver a great combination of luxury and some off-road performance.

#justsayin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears