This Freightliner looks like a good deal, low miles too.

nolaw

Just for reference:

The truck is actually in Sunnyvale, CA, though it will appear on multiple Craiglist listings, and some other (ebay, etc) listings as well. I have traded a couple of emails with seller (who appears to be owner behind the company you see on the left side of the truck).

He says it's in excellent condition, no maintence records. Looks like everything above the word "Antenna" in the listing (including the generator and racks) would be included with the truck/box deal. Interior height reported by him is right at 6 feet.

I have tried to get insurance (commercial vehicle for private use, RV, etc.) through the following companies all day, without success: USAA, Progressive, National General, State Farm (local agent in TX), Geico (local agent in TX) and Mercury. Only bit of advice I received was from National General, who suggested going though a locally owned agency that controls their own underwriting guidelines. I will stew about it overnight, but I will probably email him tomorrow and tell him I am no longer pursuing a purchase.

Reactions: mog

nolaw

I have attempted to contact the seller, no luck.

Yeah, he did not respond to emails I sent him after last weekend. I sent one yesterday saying I could not get insurance and was no longer pursuing it. On the insurance front, it definitely was not on my end (we never got to my details, which would not have been an issue) but they all seem to not want to touch this without it being a purely commercial policy (i.e. used for business).

Since my last post I tried rvainsurance.com, which seems to try to match vehicles to polices from multiple underwriters. Here is the responses I received:

When I tried the tact of describing it as a toterhome: "For this type of unit, the only way we could quote this is by quoting a separate trailer policy to go along with the truck, the trailer would have to be a fully self-contained RV and always kept hooked up to the truck (except for refueling, repairs, etc), the attached box would make the unit ineligible. "

When I tried it as a bus conversion: " Unfortunately, we are only able to insure units that are professional conversions, meaning you would need to have the work done by a company that is certified in RV conversions. I apologize for being unable to assist, the companies we write with have very specific requirements for us when quoting these types of units."

Colorado Jon

I had good experience with Phoenix insurance out of Texas. They were able to insure my UJoint rig for the real value instead of the stated value, not sure how they would handle your request.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior