This may have some potential! And 38mpg to boot

ericvs

I really like that separate compartment. that was my biggest hesitation with getting a van. Wetsuits stink man! last thing you want is to be riding home in a van full of stinky wetsuits. With my rig, they go in the side boxes and you can't smell them in the cab. Would be cool to see them on this continent. Thanks for posting.

BrianV

Observer
Pretty cool van a little too urban racer for my taste. I like the concept though. Unclear, but looks to small in the back to make a dirt bike hauler.
Seems like a design that a lot of folks would find useful.

p nut

butter
Cool van, but I'm not a fan of the separate cargo. If I wanted that, I'd just get a truck with a shell. The big advantage of a van is the all combined cargo/passenger area. I think it presents a better versatility pertaining to a "surf bum" lifestyle. Gad, you've got no room for a kitchenette, much less the make shift table for the lava lamp. I can compromise on some things, but come on.

zelatore

Explorer
I'd just be happy if they brought it in as a straight Comercial van. I'll be ready to replace my current NV200 in a couple years and I'm hoping we'll get more of the mid-size vans in our market by then. Right now the Merc Vito is our only mid-size offering. Competition will be good for the market.

brushogger

Explorer
Cool van, but I'm not a fan of the separate cargo. If I wanted that, I'd just get a truck with a shell. The big advantage of a van is the all combined cargo/passenger area. I think it presents a better versatility pertaining to a "surf bum" lifestyle. Gad, you've got no room for a kitchenette, much less the make shift table for the lava lamp. I can compromise on some things, but come on.

This would also be the case in my situation. If there was an option to purchase without the barriers, and a Westy style pop up, I can see many build scenarios for this. Oh! , and awd at the least.

Clutch

<---Pass
Wonder if that is going to be the Express replacement, since Ford and Ram have their Euro vans here now.

Obviously the one in the article is just one configuration.

I loved my '73 Westy when I had it, kinda wish I had a modern replacement at times. Then I look at how much a modern pop-top 4WD version would cost me, and darn near have a brain hemorrhage.

4WD conversion alone is $12K on this Transit....oi vey!

quigley-motors-4x4-f-2_1280x0w.jpg

A Tacoma is fine, really. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12