Thoughts on a 01-04 Tacoma DC

pell53

I just purchased about a week ago my second DC Tacoma. The first was a 2001 that was purchased back by Toyota due to frame rust. The one I just picked up is a 2003 with 135,000 miles and I paid $9k. I purchased it from a guy that I have known for a few years. The vehicle has been well maintained and has had the frame inspected by the local dealership (the same dealership that inspected my 2001) and found no rust perforation. Best of luck on your decision & search.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
188K for $10.5K -- too much miles and cost.

My 01 DC has 127K and with what i have i would be hesitant to request $10.5K (if I was to sell her). I am not so do not ask. :)

Not seeing a photo or the extent of the mods he has done.
From what you printed - nothing there makes it worth the extra money.
I would politely say no thank you.
Like everyone else stated, if he was on the Southside of 10K, now the negotiations may begin. :)

Edit: One thing that HAS NOT been discussed is the extended FRAME RUST warranty/replacement that Toyota issued.
Has this guy had his truck inspected?

zidaro

Explorer
alot has already been said here. have to use your best judgement when looking them over, have a certified mech. do an inspection and test drive.

I would look for a 3.4L, TRD, Limited package, dealer service records for life of rig. Get one with a nice interior and body cond., if mechanically sound- great- but it is in my mind better to get a bit of engine work done on a used vehicle if needed- then you know it is solid when done.

DC is an awesome rig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger