Three weeks, three countries, 9885 kilometers (Scandinavia)

polaramike

Hi!

Thought you might be interested in seeing this, too. This summer, my wife Christel and I traveled to the far north of Norway. Sonce the "Nordkap" (north cape) is neither the north end of Europe nor that of Norway and basically nothing but a tourist trap, we decided to drive to Grense Jakobselv instead. It is as far northeast as you can get in what has been the "west" during the cold war. The unpaved road ends at the shores of the Barents Sea and you could throw stones over the small creek into russia (of course, that's prohibites...).

Again, my report about the trip is in German, but I'm oretty sure the photos are enjoyable for everyone interested in overlanding and travel.

Hope you like it: http://www.unpaved.de/skandinavien_2012/

Mike

Last edited:

polaramike

I am very sorry, I haven't been here for quite some time and must've overread your question. My memory faded a bit regarding the exact costs. I'd say it was somethung like maybe 40 Euros a day for two people, including campgrounds and food, but no fuel and not counting a restaurant here or there.

If you rent a hut or so, it'll be much, much more - these are around 60 to 100 Euros per night.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman