Thule Tepui Foothill RTT

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
What cargo carrier is that? The Yakima SkyWarrior? I’m in the market for a 1/2 rack.
I wasn’t willing to pay the 350 Yakima wants so I got the one off Amazon and it seems stout and is holding up well.... the brand is Avenn and it was only 150 bucks. The quality is just a notch below Yakima and Thule but not enough for me to notice

Andertonk

I wasn’t willing to pay the 350 Yakima wants so I got the one off Amazon and it seems stout and is holding up well.... the brand is Avenn and it was only 150 bucks. The quality is just a notch below Yakima and Thule but not enough for me to notice
Thanks for the tip, I have that one from Avenn in my cart and was about to drop the hammer. I appreciate the insight.

Andertonk

Just purchased. Have you tried opening and closing the tent with both items mounted yet? I’m curious if the rack will crowd the zipper track. The zipper has a decent lanyard on it, but I’m not sure how well it will pull from an angle. Time will tell! Can’t wait to get back out there.

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Just purchased. Have you tried opening and closing the tent with both items mounted yet? I’m curious if the rack will crowd the zipper track. The zipper has a decent lanyard on it, but I’m not sure how well it will pull from an angle. Time will tell! Can’t wait to get back out there.
I have.... there’s about 4 or 5 inches in between the basket and the tent so there’s a good sized gap for me to reach into but I plan on getting some paracord and braiding an 18 inch extension just to make it helluva lot easier... this picture shows the room I have....

C9409EBE-244C-4908-830B-029C371420E6.jpeg

Andertonk

I have.... there’s about 4 or 5 inches in between the basket and the tent so there’s a good sized gap for me to reach into but I plan on getting some paracord and braiding an 18 inch extension just to make it helluva lot easier... this picture shows the room I have....

View attachment 659600
Thanks for taking the time to snap the pics. I think that’s totally doable.

Andertonk

Summer is finally here and I was able to mount the basket and tent together today. I did a poor job packing the tent last trip, so I’m hoping to get another inch or two of clearance between the two. I was trying to avoid too much overhang on the driver’s side because the car sits so low and I don’t want to crack my cranium every time I get out. Looking forward to when I have a truck! But I think I have at least 2 more good years out of this subie. I’ll load up the action packets tmrw and snap a new pic before I head out for my first test run in Larsen National Forest.

Attachments

• C4D81B52-00C9-4CD0-BE05-B182DD6FB68F.jpeg
    C4D81B52-00C9-4CD0-BE05-B182DD6FB68F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 4B2291EB-477E-4839-82F3-BFE0A6B75931.jpeg
    4B2291EB-477E-4839-82F3-BFE0A6B75931.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior