Tikka T3 Hunter

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Spent some time with my new Tikka yesterday and thought I'd post up about it.

I've been looking for a new deer/caribou rifle with wood that was both accurate and didn't break the bank. After a bunch of research I ordered a new Tikka T3 "Hunter" model in .270. I also ordered a Nikon Monarch 3-12 x 42 to top it off.

Tikka rifles are made in Finland by the same company, in the same factory, using the same barrels at Sako. Each rifle is test fired and must complete a 3-shot, 1" MOA before leaving the factory. They are imported by Beretta.

Fit and finish is very nice, the wood is beautiful. It has a detachable magazine and comes with a machined dovetail for scope rings. There are no iron sights on the rifle.

Anyway, it's a heck of a rifle for around $600. Just thought I'd share. At the bottom is a target from 100 meters. The ones left and low were the first shots on this target. The other four were the last.

tikka1.jpg

tikka2.jpg

target.jpg

lowenbrau

Explorer
I have been very pleased with my T3 lite in 30-06.
Enough that I bought his older brother in 338win in anticipation of next year's moose hunt.:elkgrin:

000_0143.sized.jpg

tikkas.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Something

Adventurer
I have the same gun and love it!
I shoot a deer every year with it.

Arguably the best shot I've made in my life was with this rifle.
Hit a 9 point buck walking on a ridge at 450 yards at dusk Thanksgiving day.

Makes me proud it's Finnish made....I'm 50% Finnish!

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
I love the Tikka's. They have great actions and trigger's for the money but... being an extremist, I had to go for the Sako Grey Wolf in .30-06:costumed-smiley-007

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Well, I took my first two deer with my new Tikka Tuesday night. (Yes, taken legally on CT crop damage permits.) Both were about 100 yards and both presented themselves perfectly sideways too me and were nice enough to stand still. Both shots landed exactly were I wanted them to and I couldn't be happier with this rifle. Needless to say the .270 Win was more then enough for the job. The rounds entered and exited at the front shoulders pretty much destroying both along the way, and in between it took out both lungs. I didn't have the chase them far.

After taking the loins and backstraps I took the rest to my local butcher shop for further processing. I pick up 50lbs of hot and sweet sausage and 15lbs of cheese salami tomorrow morning!

Again, I couldn't be happier with this rifle. They're worth a look if you're in the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78