Timbren Axel question

BoarderMX

Observer
I agree, I ran a 2" x 2" x 1/4" cross bar on mine because of the tires and the frame not being designed around the Timbren. Didn't lose any ground clearance as it is the same height and welded to the receiver extension.

Dave_g

We'll I'm all for them. Planning my frame around them and am going with 3500 Lb with 4" lift and wide tires. I have done all kinds of wheeling and feel fine with having a campsite lock up trailer if I plan on doing serious crawling. This is more for the expedition/just plain camping. Think they should do fine.

medic83

Observer
I just ordered the 3500 lb 4" lift offroad tire suspension but I'm really nervous it's gonna be too stiff. I think my trailer will reach 2k -2300 lbs fully loaded really...I'm not sure. I'm wondering if I need to switch to the 2k. I can't find much info online. I'm running 37" tires

jwiereng

2000 pound axle would suit a 2000 lb trailer perfectly.

They also have a one tonne axle. That's a metric tonne not a ton. Equal to 1000 Kilograms or 2200 pounds.

Last edited:

SamM

Adventurer
My trailer is getting the Timbren 2000HD kit now with electric brakes. They are going under my Schutt Industries LTT-HC trailer frame. The frame modifications are the huge issue with my trailer build.

SamM

image.jpg

Buffalobwana

Observer
I am looking at these for my build. Can you run H1 Wheels and 37" tires with the 4" lift? I really like the idea of this system.

Buffalobwana

Observer
Just called Timbren and the guy who answered the phone was very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm going to order a 3500lb set for my trailer.

SamM

Adventurer
My Timbren suspension has the 4" drop spindles. The great thing about them is that you can mount them wherever you want. Just build the proper mounts. I'm using 2"x4"x.25" steel rectangular tubing as my mount. If the tongue is not level, I just plan to add another piece to increase the lift. The rectangular tubing will bolt onto .5"x4" aluminum frame stiffeners. The frame on my Schutt trailer is aluminum.

SamM

6btEX

Observer
I am currently building a trailer with the 3500HD 2" off road tire set. So far have about 3 miles on it (trailer not done or legal yet).DSCF1328.JPG
DSCF1332.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman