Timbren axles bent or out of alingment? Problems regardless...

Zeusmotorworks

Wrench swinger MIG burner
Has anyone ever had problems with the Timbren axleless 3500lb? Mine have significantly more camber and possible toe out after first camping trip. 2000lb trailer and nothing significant "happened" to cause this.

ahb1989

Fix My Camper LLC
They are adjustable. The aren't slotted, but the toe is adjusted by loosening the four gold nut and bolt sets and you can move the stub to suit. Chances are you lost a shim on the camber, or they are simply not tight enough and shifted. The bolts, well nuts, are locking so they won't "fall out" bit they are pretty torque specific.

Now all that said I understand that had a bad batch some time ago, I don't have the specifics but remember there being some warranty replacements none the less if you didn't wheel hard enough to bend it, the frame isn't flexing out of spec ( which can happen when not strong enough, of course if there is the receiver tube installed in each side linking them then it won't happen) chances are its just came undone, line it up and tighelten them back up.

ahb1989

Fix My Camper LLC
PS to the long winded reply, if there is any twisting of the main rails that are on your trailer it will cover your camber you are seeing. If that's the case and the frame is not salvage, they can be straightened out with the 2x2 receiver ( or what ever ur axlesless model uses ) and the stich welded to the assemblies making a psudeo cross member. The instruction manual covers all three possible installs.. Look and see what your trailer company used ( or yourself if you did it ).

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
As stated the axle is adjustable. A cross member is one of the options as is a gusseted L bracket. Depending on your chassis you will need to use one of these methods. If you fitted the suspension to a C channel chassis you will need to box the chassis before re-installing.

Zeusmotorworks

The M416-ish trailer has a 2x4x0.250 box tube chassis and 3x4x0.1875 full length tongue, so I'd hope any movement is in the axles. Thanks folks, I'll get it up next weekend and check it out.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

WAY late reply... Found that they were mounted without the proper gusseting. The Manufacturer found the issue, corrected it in short order, and have been back up and running since the weekend after my last reply. They made sure to make it right by me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12