Timbren Enhancement system with lift leafs

cr500taco

Adventurer
I am going to be getting the All Pro standard leaf springs on my '97 Tacoma 4WD, which give 3" lift and have a spring rate of 10% more than the OEM leafs according to All Pro. It's a DD, but I load it up with camping equipment and at times a couple of dirt bikes. It was suggested to me that if I need more support in the rear, to consider the Timbrens. Just wondering if there's anyone running the Timbrens with lift leafs and if you recommend it?

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
I am going to be getting the All Pro standard leaf springs on my '97 Tacoma 4WD, which give 3" lift and have a spring rate of 10% more than the OEM leafs according to All Pro. It's a DD, but I load it up with camping equipment and at times a couple of dirt bikes. It was suggested to me that if I need more support in the rear, to consider the Timbrens. Just wondering if there's anyone running the Timbrens with lift leafs and if you recommend it?

It's pretty common, do a little searching around and I'm sure you'll be able to find a ton of info.

A lot of people on here use timber end that run FWC etc where they are contently under load

Cheers

cr500taco

Adventurer
It's pretty common, do a little searching around and I'm sure you'll be able to find a ton of info.

A lot of people on here use timber end that run FWC etc where they are contently under load

Cheers
Thanks, I tried searching, but didn't find any info. That's why I created the thread.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
As mentioned, I ran the OME dakars, Dakars with extra leafs, then custom leafs. All combos with different timbrens and wheelers superbumps.

Most of the time my truck was lightly loaded or very heavily loaded. The lightweight timbrens are a good option all around. A suitable bump stop when empty, and will carry a little bit of extra weight. You CAN use spacers to move the timbrens up to engage sooner. You can also swap in taller timbrens or stiffer timbrens as an option.

cr500taco

Adventurer
Thanks guys. That's what I was trying to find out. If I find that I need them. I will give them a try and play with them. At least they aren't that expensive if they don't work out and I should be able to sell them.

cr500taco

Adventurer
you might also check out the wheelers superbumps
I'm looking into the Timbrens for their load assist if I need it. But if the leafs will handle the weight when I load up my truck, then I am planning on getting the SuperBumps.

cr500taco

Adventurer
Hello there,

We have a 2010 Tacoma DC TRD with OME Dakar leaf springs with added leaf. We carry a lot of weight back there when camping and found we were bottoming out on large bumps at any sort of speed. We added the Timbren bumpstops last year and found it made a huge difference. We also ended up adding them to our Jeep Rubicon with similar success. Definitely recommend them.

Andy

http://www.theadventureportal.com/timbren-bumpstops-put-pillow-suspension/
Apparently, they don't offer the bumpstops for my truck. At least, nothing popped up when I put my vehicle info in.
I'm looking into the Timbrens for their load assist if I need it. But if the leafs will handle the weight when I load up my truck, then I am planning on getting the SuperBumps.

cr500taco

Adventurer
As mentioned, I ran the OME dakars, Dakars with extra leafs, then custom leafs. All combos with different timbrens and wheelers superbumps.

Most of the time my truck was lightly loaded or very heavily loaded. The lightweight timbrens are a good option all around. A suitable bump stop when empty, and will carry a little bit of extra weight. You CAN use spacers to move the timbrens up to engage sooner. You can also swap in taller timbrens or stiffer timbrens as an option.
Been going through your build thread Eazy posted the link to. Your suspension setup is pretty much want I want to do, eventually on my truck, except for the leafs. I am hoping to get Icons front and rear. But, have the Bilistiens for now, just because I needed new shocks and wanted off road shocks, but couldn't afford the Icons.

Do you have the Timbrens on the front, as well or just the rear?

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Been going through your build thread Eazy posted the link to. Your suspension setup is pretty much want I want to do, eventually on my truck, except for the leafs. I am hoping to get Icons front and rear. But, have the Bilistiens for now, just because I needed new shocks and wanted off road shocks, but couldn't afford the Icons.

Do you have the Timbrens on the front, as well or just the rear?

I had wheelers superbumps up front. Definitely recommended if they work on your rig. I haven't tried the timbrens up front so I can't comment. Some guys on tacoma world used them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger