Time for a build M1101!!!

Ryan1267

Im planing on going north in a few years. In order to accomplish that I need a capable rig and trailer. I am basing my M1101 off of a Drifta dot trailer.

16%2B-%2B1

So far I have completely serviced the brake system.

Heres the list of what needs to be done yet:

Green: DONE
BLUE: BOUGHT OR IN THE PROCESS OF
RED: NOT YET PURCHASED

Brakes
Roof Top Tent and fridge frame
Cargo bed cover
Tool box for power delivery equipment
Softer shocks
Power delivery (incl. exterior lighting)
Roof top tent (Gordigear Explorer Plus)
Fridge (Dometic 80L)
Kitchen gear
Fluid tanks (yes, more then 1 tank)
RTT suspension devices
Lock N Roll
Bed-liner or carpeting for cargo bed

REV. MARCH 2016

Here are my current plans:

this is the picture of where im installing the gigantic fridge. if I go one size smaller the unit is really small. this size really fits what I want, though I do need to chop off the top bed rail... the fridge is 20" tall and the cargo bed to right below the bed rail is 17". so I need to make the RTT support rails bump up about 4". RTT rails continue all the way around the cargo bed for a cleaner look then just a bolt on.
20160328_191250.jpg

this is the size, shape, and color of the toolbox im getting. the Jerry can box will be cut off for added clearance for the tool box. there is ample room for the mechanical brake levers, support legs, and MBC. the box will open to the sky and not the ground (or eye level), will look down into the box.
20160328_191503.jpg

nothing is changing on the tailgate.
20160328_191527.jpg

self explanatory. the fridge can not fit in the larger personal space. plus if it did there would be way to much weight on the rear of the trailer with it there.
20160328_191606.jpg

plenty of cutting on the passenger side for sure. the suprise will not be released until the tanks are installed. both tanks will be D.O.T legal btw.
20160328_191537.jpg

the water tank is in front of the axle and will most likely be larger then 40 gallons. tank #2 will be behind the axle and be smaller then 25 gallons. though depending on weight and tank size I may switch the 2 tanks location spots.
20160328_191732.jpg

Ryan1267

Thanks. Jeep is lifted already but in the plans for 35s. I'm building the trailer as like it was made by a shop. Trailer build is on schedule to be finished this year.

TwinStick

Explorer
NICE !!!

I gotta get one of these as well. These trailers ROCK for customization. Perfect size for our Power Wagon.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Got to say, the thought of chopping a big structural chunk out of the side of that fine trailer makes me cringe. No alternative?

Ryan1267

Got to say, the thought of chopping a big structural chunk out of the side of that fine trailer makes me cringe. No alternative?

Not necicarilly structural. The m1101 and m1102 are basically body on frame. The fridge that I want is just a hair taller then the bed side. I also do not want to down size since I will be living in this for 2 months straight.

Also, since the roof rack is being added to the trailer, it will be a bolt on using the original threaded holes and spot welded in certain spots.

TwinStick

Explorer
Everybody has their own ideas.

What about making a top for it so you can raise the interior height ? Same issue i have with the 82 qt & 50 qt ARB fridges i have. Most all trailers were not tall enough. We ended up going a different route for now but i still want to get one of these trailers. I was thinking a bed slide & a top raised enough to slide out the fridge. You could still put a roof rack & RTT on it if you made it strong enough. Just a thought.

Ryan1267

I want the fridge to be a pull out for sure. And there is not enough room to install the fridge pull out by the kitchen pull out. It doesn't set well with me having to chop off the top of the bed to clear the fridge, but im not shy with chopping things up to clear a few inches. I have already done that with my Jeep.

The bed "cover" potentially will be aluminum and where the fridge is located; the cover will rise to that hight. The rest of the cover will be bed hight.

HS10

What is your current build status, I am starting a similar build and need ideas

My status

attachment.php

attachment.php

Have:

1 Demand water heater
2 Military tarps
2 Bed platform sections
1 Queen Size High Performance Air Mattress (NOT PVC)
2 Deep Cycle Battery Cases
1 Waste Water Tank
2 11 lbs Propane Tanks
1 Rear Swing Gate (Custom Built)
1 Rear Video Camera
1 Toilet
1 Two Burner Stainless Steel Cook Stove
1 Honda 2000 Generator

Planning:

1 Solar Charging Station 300 Watts
1 Water Pump (Demand)
1 5000 BTU Air Conditioner

Last edited:

HS10

What antenna is that on the front of he Jeep?
-
It is a military grade wide band HF antenna (Stealth 9310). It will tune between 1.8 to 30 MHz in less than 1 sec. With it I can make regular point-to-point contacts between central US to the East coast. Still testing it, but at this point it is the best mobile HF antenna I have used.
-
Frequency Range 1.8 to 30MHz transmit and receive
Power Rating 125W CW /Data, 200W PEP SSB (Voice)
VSWR Typical ≤1.3:1, 50 Ω
Tuning Speed New CH: 0.4 sec (min.), 1.8 sec (max.) Memory CH: 0.5 sec average
Memory Channels 200 RAM, 200 EEPROM
Tune Power External 3-30W PEP (3-200W in Smart Tune)
DC Operating Range 11-15VDC, 12V nominal from transceiver
Power Consumption 1.4 A tuning, 85-140mA stand by
Connections UHF socket /MIL-DTL5015 8-pin /Mini-USB
Interface Arrangement 3xTTL lines/ UART/RS-485
Protection Reverse polarity, short circuit, over voltage, over temperature
Operating Temperature Range -25°C to +50°C
Environmental Meets MIL-STD-810G, (Shock dust and vibration)
IP 68 ( Immersion 1.2m/1h)
Wind Rating 50m/s=180km/h=125 mph
EMC/EMI IEC/EN 61000
Weight and Dimensions 5.1 kg, 100x100x840(2490)mm / 4x4x33(98)inch

Buffalobwana

Observer
1101's are so sweet. Anything you do with it will just look awesome by nature. It's like taking a stunningly beautiful girl, and giving her old shorts, a ball cap and a dirty t shirt. She's still going to be smoking hot.

I just bough an 1101 and a 101A2. The 101 is an enclosed unit, and I think I'll build a cover for the 1101. So, I sit and watch your build. See what you do with it.

Good luck. You have chosen a great platform to build on.

FMF

Adventurer
I am digging what you have planned up for the trailer! I will be doing side pull outs in front sorta lo like what you have planned. Have you found a water tank to go under it yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger