Time for new brakes -where to buy???

texas taco

Adventurer
I am in the market for some new brakes for the 92 Tacoma. I was going to get DBA's but I was informed by manifree that to there supprise they do not make them for the Tacoma model.... So i am thinking Brembo or Bayer. Who's a good supplier for brakes?
Thank's

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I would get them from the dealer. Every car I saw that came into the dealership I worked that had brake problems (noises and pulsating) had aftermarket brakes on them.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Cackalak Han said:
92 Tacoma?

X2. :confused:

I presume this is either an '02 Tacoma or a '92 Pickup (AKA Hilux.)

Although FWIW because the 89-94 trucks do look an awful lot like Tacomas, I usually just refer to them as "Pre-Tacomas." :D

98roamer

Explorer
I run Brembos rotors and Hawk pad on my 98 4runner and I'm happier than with stock, but you pay a lot more.
I even thought about moving up to the Tundra conversion but we didn't end up getting a trailer.

texas taco

Adventurer
Ok so I've been doing a little research. What do you all think of getting the tundra s13we calipers and using DBA 400 series rotors and hawk cermic pads? any one done this? Or what do you all thof the ATE rotors from tire rack. Are they cheap knock off. It seem knowbody makes high end rotors for the tacoma. I have found the Power slot, and the ATE. I have heard that the power slot are not well crafted, and I have never heard of the ATE brand.....

Last edited:

toy_tek

Adventurer
Brembo rotors are very good quality. Get the non slotted non drilled. OEM pads will last a long time, for shoes I've just been getting whatever (bonded, not riveted) since I've had some problems with rear axle seals leaking and saturating the shoes.

98roamer

Explorer
My brembo rotors on both my Toyotas are non-slotted and non-drilled. They are vented so they disperse the heat rather well.
I think the first set I purchased through TireRack but I can't find my last source which were cheater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan