Tire Assist in SLC, Utah

czenkov

Adventurer
So I have been struggling with a substantial vibration (@ approx 60-75 mph) ever since installing my OME lift and BFG (IIRC) 265/75/R16 KM2's on my 2004 ExCab Tacoma. After talking with many people the consensus is that it is caused by my tires. Vibration present during accel, decel, and nuetral pedal. Admittedly this is the first set of M/T's I have ever had so do not know what to expect.

I would like to find out if it is indeed the tires by "borrowing" someone else's tires, rims etc for a quick run down the highway. Don't care what type tire they are.

I can come to you if you decide to be kind and help me with my project.

PM me if you would be willing to help. I would be very grateful and we can arrange some sort of payment, (beer, water, pepsi).

Thanks again,
Drew

T>D>C

Check Pinion(sp?) Angle

I drive a Jeep cherokee and when I installed my home brew lift (see jeeps unlimited website), I had to lower my transfer case and add angled shims to align the drive shaft angles. It has been a LONG time since I did this but you should be able to search through the post on many websites to figure out how they did it (assuming this is the same issue on Toys).

T>D>C

czenkov

Adventurer
Thanks for the thought T>D>C. Did install the 2nd Gen Tacoma drop down bracket (they don't actually make one for mine). No impact. Calling TTORA in a bit to arrange a tire test drive.

Willman

Interesting......

Maybe you lost a wheel weight???

Have you done an alinement since the lift?

Where did you get your tires?

Do you drive your truck a lot or does it sit for a week or so???

What rims are you running?

;)

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Well, since he hasn't posted back up.

We end up switching tires between his Tacoma and my 4runner and took it out for a drive and were able to determine that it was his tires that were causing the vibration.

His running an aftermarket version of the stock steelies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears