Tire choice quandary?????????

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Thanks Mark,

Seems most view the large rack a primary source of decreased mileage.

Interesting enough a new rack is what I have been designing and working on. I wanted something that would take the weight off the drip rail and transfer it to the roll cage and rear bumper.

The plan is to bring it much closer to the roof and then attach a wind screen to the front to hopefully reduce the turbulance. The lighst will be on a separate bar that can be remove for most trips.

I'm also trying to follow much closer the body contour. We'll see........

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Thanks all for the input, it's appreciated!
Fred
Explorer 1

cdnabn49

Observer
well my 33" BFG MT's finally got a little to long in the tooth for comfort and with winter on it's way up here I didn't want to chance it on the Rubi this year... I have to say that the old Mt's sure taught you how to drive... after reading a great deal of information on the internet I decided that we all have some favorite's... I am a MT fan even for winters up here in Canuckistan... but with having to commute more then double the hwy time now I wanted something a little more stable and I am doing more blacktop and gravel then muck so it was a real toss up between the GY DuraTrac's and the Cooper St Maxx...and the winner is - Cooper ST Maxx! I really think I made the right decision - I love the ride and feel of the tires and they look great. I can't get over how quiet they are - again coming from a MT. I just finished registering the tires online...

well I am finally running in snow and ice - they track extremely well, are sure footed and deliver in the snow, pretty decent on ice - although not a dedicated ice snow tire - so over all I am really digging this tire I am extremely pleased with them, well done Cooper Tires!

good read here
http://roadtraveler.net/tag/cooper-discoverer-st-maxx/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger