Tire recommendations?

Frenchfry

Just found out the tires on the 1983 G-Wagen I bought are 13 years old. I think it was stored and not driven for some time so time to get new tires.

Any advice?

I have BF Goodrich on their now.

Driving mostly around town, skii trips so driving in snow and some freeway driving.

-FF

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
BFG A/Ts are hard to beat for that use. If you want more aggressive take a look at the Cooper STTs as they have a heavy tread but with lots of siping and are relatively quiet.

owhiting

Supporting Sponsor
tires

I second the Cooper STT and I live in snow country. They are fairly quiet on the highway, the large lugs dig through the deep snow and I have no problem with the ice. The Coopers are better than the new BFG tread pattern on hard pack snowy roads.

The Bridgestone Revo is an excellent A/T tire. I went through 2 sets on my S-10. Quiet as can be, great grip on highway exit ramps , awesome wet weather traction, very good in the snow. Only time I got stuck was when my frame rails got buried. Third set are the XTX sport from Multi-Mile. They're ok, nowhere near the wet traction or exit ramp handling . Hope to be able to test the AMA Snow Rated tread design . 235/75r15 SL.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Have a look at the Hankook Dynapro ATM...

Hankook-RF-10-ATm.jpg

I run the Hankook MT and they are an exceptionally well made tire. Quiet and confident in all conditions. I was going to get the AT, but got such a screaming deal on these new that I couldn't pass it up. The AT looks like it would be an excellent tire in the snow with the aggressive lugs (which are very deep for an AT) and abundant siping. So far the rubber compound is excellent on the MT, which is likely a bit softer than the AT. They are wearing evenly and quite slowly.

I also hear, but have no personal experience with the Cooper tires. People swear by them, and they were at the top of my list but none available locally and nowhere near what I paid for mine here.

So many tires, so many choices.

zimm

Expedition Leader
if youre just tooling around on pack snow for ski trips, get a blizzak tire. excellent in snow but jut an average truck tire for everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior