Tire size question for stock 2019 4Runner owners w/ 20inch rims.

DC DII

Family member owns a 2019 4Runner Limited and I am trying to find out what all terrains will fit his truck.

I own a couple of modified older Land Rovers so a stock, non lifted Toyota with 20's is new to me.

They just bought 30 wooded/ranch style acres in MO and need new tires, all terrains at that. Doesn't want a lift and possibly might gravitate to TRD wheels later on but for now just looking at some all-terrains for a stock truck.

I run BF Goodrich TA/KO2's on my Land Rovers and recommend the same for him in size: 265/60 R20, again not modified, lifted, etc.

Sounds like there may be slight rubbing in reverse/tight turning but they should fit fine.

Photo of what I am looking at from 4Runners.com:

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 11.21.50 am.png

Hopefully a few of you have gone down this path with a stock truck and can verify these should work.

Thanks to everyone-

Erik

phsycle

Adventurer
I’d stick to the stock 245/60/20 size. Won’t have much MPG hit. Won’t feel power loss. Plenty of options available.

But what I would suggest is picking up a set of take offs from TRD or even SR5’s. They can be had for real cheap and you get more sidewall even on stock sized tires.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
But what I would suggest is picking up a set of take offs from TRD or even SR5’s. They can be had for real cheap and you get more sidewall even on stock sized tires.
^ This!
Stock tire size on most 4Runners, including the Off-Road models, is 265/70R17. Lots of takeoffs available on line for sale. The stock tires will do fine in 95% of road conditions. If you really feel the need for all-terrain tires then find some stock 17" rims and have all-terrains mounted on them. Just be aware you'll hear more road noise and lose a little bit of fuel mileage.

My 4Runner wearing Michelin stock size tires:
P1003623ecr4Runner9-26-23.jpg

skrypj

I think that 265/60R20's may rub a bit and require some plastics to be bent out of the way but not 100% sure.

aknightinak

I'll cast another vote for 17s, but I'll do whatever I can to not lose sidewall height. I get all nostalgic and weepy when I see big meats on 15s.

DC DII

Thanks so far everyone.

As stated, 4Runner is new to my family member and we were just wondering if folks are running the 265/60 on 20" rims.

I run 16's on my 2004 DII and 18's (vs. the 20's it came with) on our LR3/Discovery 3 - so have passed that on to him about the TRD rims.

In the end, just wondering people's experiences with an AT on the 20's for his 4Runner.

Again, appreciate the input-

Erik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior