Tire sizes.. oh the possibilities

Idahoan

Adventurer
I have a 06 LJ. I don't think a skinner tire will get you there. Are those stock rims? Anyhow, you can get a set of extended fender flares on Quadratec for 150-200 bucks that look stock. Different widths available.

WininUtah

Adventurer
I can hook you up with a Hankooks but my warehouse is in New Jersey! :Wow1: I transplanted to Utah 9 years ago, quite a change!

Win

mrpotatohead

Observer
Wound up going with 285 75 16. Relatively common and easy to replace. Here they are compared to 315 75's

susatuge.jpg

Rubicon John

Observer
I've been absolutely thrilled with my GY Duratracs. They're a 33" tire (285/75 16") and IMO are the perfect size for my overlanding needs. I just bought a set for my wife's XJ project.

mrpotatohead

Observer
I've been absolutely thrilled with my GY Duratracs. They're a 33" tire (285/75 16") and IMO are the perfect size for my overlanding needs. I just bought a set for my wife's XJ project.

Duratracs will probably be my next set but I got too good of a deal on the MTRs to pass up. I like your JKU by the way. It's got a nice middle of the road feel. Most of the JK's I see these days are bone stock or running D60's with 37's.

Rubicon John

Observer
Duratracs will probably be my next set but I got too good of a deal on the MTRs to pass up. I like your JKU by the way. It's got a nice middle of the road feel. Most of the JK's I see these days are bone stock or running D60's with 37's.

Thanks, I've been building jeeps since 1985 and found what works best for my needs. IMO 33" tires are the best all around size for doing many things well for my driving and wheeling style. Some people (usually new to building jeeps) get the bug and build something that becomes too uncomfortable for daily use and end up selling it (or they get in over their heads with the domino effect of changing this part, which makes you have to change the next part and the next and so on until it's no longer fun).

BTW, I like MTRs a lot. I ran them on my TJ for several years without a problem.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Lotta good tires out there, but Hankooks are in the top drawer-

I was running the Hankook M/Ts on my LJR, LT295/75R-16. These are 33.6" with a tread width of 9". I just ordered parts to do the build on my JKUR and will be running the Hankooks, again. They also have the ATm, all terrain, if you don't need the M/T. I'm a Hankook dealer and they have engineering/design facility in Akron, their tires are designed for the US.

Here's my LJR with the Hankooks:
medium800.jpg

Here's my Hankook Dynapro LT295/75x16 MT RT03--

Sawmilllakecamp114.jpg

Hardtobeat

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78