Tires for 300GD

RussK

Observer
I'm looking to replace my tires on my 300gd, I have decided to keep the OE steel wheels and the tire size that is on it 215/85 16
This is what I'm looking at right now,:coffee: Firestone Destination M/T , clamed to be Firestone's Off-Road Maximum Traction tire, I like the look, but its not written in stone yet and I'm open for suggestions.
What do you guys recommend? what are you running?
here is a link to the tires I am looking at.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...DESTMTV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Its got to get new tires before it hits the road.

Metric

I think the Firestone is a good choice. There aren't a lot of options in that size. Hankook has one that is comparable. I have BFG A/Ts on my 460. They are fine tires but not really aggressive enough for the kind of mud that we have in the southeast.

I think it's smart to stick with that size given the n/a diesel motor that you have. The truck will be much more responsive in the hills of North GA with tires that size.

Winston

RussK

Observer
I think it's smart to stick with that size given the n/a diesel motor that you have. The truck will be much more responsive in the hills of North GA with tires that size.

Winston
Considering my last sport bike had over twice the HP as this thing, it will need all the help it can get when it gets to the hills.
I do like the stock look, I want it looking like it did in 81 stock wheels and all.
Russ

Noodlesswe

Observer
I’m having the swb 240td and I’m running Cooper discoverer 235/85-16 works really good both on and off road on standard steel

RussK

Observer
I'm having the swb 240td and I'm running Cooper discoverer 235/85-16 works really good both on and off road on standard steel

Do you have a good picture on them? I want something that will work on as well as off, but I have never been one who beats up there vehcle off road for fun.
I have ATVs for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger