Tires now or later?

sargeek

Adventurer
Just replaced the front and rear differentials, replaced the springs and shocks on a 99TJ. Tomorrow it goes to the alignment shop. Currently, I have 4 matched take off tires on the jeep, and 4 good tires ready to go in the garage. Should I go ahead and put the good tires on now, or give it a couple of months for the springs and everything to settle before I put the good tires on the jeep. I don't have any trips planned, so I am not in a rush to put on the good tires on, and I would hate to get some goofy wear on them.

whitecon

Observer
Just replaced the front and rear differentials, replaced the springs and shocks on a 99TJ. Tomorrow it goes to the alignment shop. Currently, I have 4 matched take off tires on the jeep, and 4 good tires ready to go in the garage. Should I go ahead and put the good tires on now, or give it a couple of months for the springs and everything to settle before I put the good tires on the jeep. I don't have any trips planned, so I am not in a rush to put on the good tires on, and I would hate to get some goofy wear on them.
As long as you are getting it alligned there is no reason why you should wait to install your "good" tires. The springs settling will not affect your allignment on a TJ. Also, it should not take months for your springs to settle. Depending on the springs, it should only take a day or so. Its usually so minor that you'll hardly notice anything at all.

sargeek

Adventurer
Thanks

Thanks - The tires are some really bad studded snow tires, P225/60R15. The tires are terrible to look at, sound terrible when driving, and really have no business on a jeep.

Time to put the 31" BFG AT on and have a respectable jeep.

Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12