tires rubbing

Just got 285/75R16s on my truck and they are rubbing on the fenders. I dont want to cut the fenders so I need some other options. Maybe rearch the springs?

Capt Sport

Adventurer
Have you thought about rolling the inner lip of the fender. You can bend that little lip upward with a baseball bat or something similar. This will provide a little more clearance.

problem solved! Turns out I have just enough clearence when I cut a bit off of my fender trim. now it will clear the fender.:victory: (I also plan on geting the springs rearched eventualy.)

lowenbrau

Explorer
Suspension kits run $500-$800 depending on height (2"-8") and shocks. By now, if your truck is like mine, you're probably riding the bumpstops most of the time.

Cody1771

Explorer
since you already have a lift kit and dont want a body lift your options are limited. there is a procedure that involves cutting up your original fenders and widening the stock opening by your desired amount... but personnaly since your truck is already looking pretty ************ then i would go for something like these

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp?dhtmlgoodies_TruckSUV=2&dhtmlgoodies_model=31&search=Search

40019-40004r.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78