Tires stolen

MicroBird

Adventurer
That blows. I'm sorry that happened to you. They could have at least put some stolen milk crates under your truck instead of just dropping it on the ground. It's really bad in central California too. The tweekers will steal anything and everything.

Devin W

Observer
This is something that I have concerns about. I know insurance will ultimately take care of it, but it would suck for it to happen during a trip and maybe having to make a wheel or tire choice that you wouldn't normally make just to get rolling again. I considered wheel locks after installing my newest wheels and tires, but it seems like they are so easily defeated. Anybody have any other tips aside from chaining a tiger to the bumper?

-- and sorry about the theft! Hope it affords you an upgrade!

warwgn

Explorer
IMAG0305.jpg

Cost about $75 from Summit racing.

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

Should slow them down a lot considering there are 32 of them to take off!! At least that is what I am hoping and why I bought a set.

Sorry to hear about that.

warwgn

Explorer
nevermind.......................just looked at that and thought all they would really need is a good set of visegrip pliers and a breaker bar to get them off:Wow1: Dang...oh well

Bandit

That really sucks , I am surprised it happened out in Ware , here around Framingham and the closer You get to Boston , You kind of expect it to happen , just a matter of when ?
The bummer part is if You did see them and try to stop them , You would be the one in Jail here in Massachusetts .

Ridge Runner

Delta V
Wheel locks are more for preventing crimes of opportunity than anything. I used to work at Carmax and have a nice collection of keys for wheel locks, since we would replace them with regular lug nuts. If I've got several, I would imagine any enterprising thief does as well.

Bandit

Have You tried searching ALL the Local Craig's List ?
via http://www.searchtempest.com/ ?
Don't forget to check Fee Bay , and the big automotive flea markets in Ct. and Nh. if YOU want to find them and the person who took them .
A quick search doesn't show that many Dunlop's around for sale .
Do You have the S/N's from the warranty card ?
Bob

Bandit

Got to love insurance companies , when my new " 79 " f-250 4X4 was stolen with my " 73 " honda 750 chained to it ( they threw the bike in the bed ) . The company estimated the broken vent window at $ 99.99 , just under My $ 100 . deductible .
When my girlfriends new loaded demo buick was stolen from the same apartment parking lot , they paid off on a striped used car value . she owed over $ 3,000. more on the note then they valued the car at on a 2 month old car .
The best one was a kid I worked with in Somerville had all 4 new mag wheels and tires stolen and they would only give him $ 40 each = $ 160. evan after an appeal to the insurance commissioner , a month later his car was T-Boned by a drunk running a light , he had no spare tire and they deducted $ 175 from the payoff as the value of the missing spare tire .
Guess who won with the Insurance Commissioner this time ? LOL

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Insurance companies are something else. They want you to pay a lot of money but when you need your insurance they don't want to pay. Thinking of switching to State Farm,

Revco

Adventurer
Bummer deal man. When you get the insurance check, you can do whatever you want with the money, the insurance company cannot tell you what you must buy.

If I was in your shoes, I'd go buy some black steel Pro Comp Rock Crawler (Series 52 or 98) for around $85 each and some good tires, along with some wheel locks. Those Gorilla lug nuts pictured previously are much better than the 4-pack kits sold because it takes so much more time to take the wheels off.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy a game camera, the kind hunters use. Mount it disreetly where it faces your parking spot. It'll snap a photo every time there's movement in the area, like a security light that turns on when someone walks in front of it. The little SD card can hold tons of photos, so you can always delete the contents when it fills up. I use one in my driveway, and it'll take 560 photos before I have to delete the photos, which is usually every few months. Mine was like $79, there are cheaper and far more expensive versions out there too.

Good luck.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Bummer deal man. When you get the insurance check, you can do whatever you want with the money, the insurance company cannot tell you what you must buy.

If I was in your shoes, I'd go buy some black steel Pro Comp Rock Crawler (Series 52 or 98) for around $85 each and some good tires, along with some wheel locks. Those Gorilla lug nuts pictured previously are much better than the 4-pack kits sold because it takes so much more time to take the wheels off.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy a game camera, the kind hunters use. Mount it disreetly where it faces your parking spot. It'll snap a photo every time there's movement in the area, like a security light that turns on when someone walks in front of it. The little SD card can hold tons of photos, so you can always delete the contents when it fills up. I use one in my driveway, and it'll take 560 photos before I have to delete the photos, which is usually every few months. Mine was like $79, there are cheaper and far more expensive versions out there too.

Good luck.

Where would be a good place to buy the rock crawler wheels? 85 dollars does sound good.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zy4kpw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior