To make up for loosing my Mojo... M101cdn military trailer

Dools

Wanderer
Nice score on the M101. I watched that on CL and wondered who would take it.

I have a drop tail gate on mine and it is a awesome asset. Especially with the tent deployed and needing something inside.

As for the RTT, research and spend the money. I picked up a camping lab and the one main complaint I have is the zipper that closes the cover. This should not be a single zipper. I moved from Squamish to Yukon last summer and had problems on day 3 I think. When I find a place that can do it I will be having the zipper pulled off and three zippers installed (one in the front, one along side and one in the rear). This will take away from the zipper having to make 2 turns. Zippers are not made to make turns.

As well, get mud flaps for the rear tires when pulling the trailer. The trailer gets covered on muddy roads.

Maybe you guys should road trip to the Yukon for a M101 meet and great!

BCHauler

Adventurer
I saw that one for sale as well, good score.

Can I ask, did you end up getting a "Dr. Pollack"? I saw him a couple of years ago for a prelim, before the wife panicked and we ended up having another. Seems to know what he's doing but seemed a little slick and assembly-line.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Nice score on the M101. I watched that on CL and wondered who would take it.

I have a drop tail gate on mine and it is a awesome asset. Especially with the tent deployed and needing something inside.

As for the RTT, research and spend the money. I picked up a camping lab and the one main complaint I have is the zipper that closes the cover. This should not be a single zipper. I moved from Squamish to Yukon last summer and had problems on day 3 I think. When I find a place that can do it I will be having the zipper pulled off and three zippers installed (one in the front, one along side and one in the rear). This will take away from the zipper having to make 2 turns. Zippers are not made to make turns.

As well, get mud flaps for the rear tires when pulling the trailer. The trailer gets covered on muddy roads.

Maybe you guys should road trip to the Yukon for a M101 meet and great!

Hmm.. Yukon is not that far! Lets do it!
IMG_8687.jpg

Dools

Wanderer
I know some great trails Rubi Fan. As well, I live about 80 km's from the beginning of the Canol Highway.

GFA

Adventurer
I wish I could have given myself a trailer as a vasectomy gift. Instead, I gave myself a new chainsaw to clean up the tornado that came through the day after going under the knife... I swelled almost as big as tangerines and Percocet became my best friend. I'd do it all over again though for the piece of mind that I'll only have three screaming kids.

Nice 101 BTW...

gotink

Observer
ID been in for a meet and great also...just picked up one a couple off months ago myself,haven't even taken a pic of it yet...if I hadn't grabed it I would of been all over this one .surprised it took that long to sell myself.l

Abitibi

Explorer
So are we talking about a trailer meet or one for those who've been under the knife?!?:eek:
For the previous question, yes it was Dr. pollack and I felt like a like a piece of meat on display at the butcher's shop! To his credit I barely felt anything during or after the chop job and was good to play by the end of the week...:wings:

I wouldn't mind meeting sooner than later as I've now committed to build this trailer. I was planning on leaving it as is for some time but ended up getting a RTT at NSOR today (Tepui rtt). I spend the best part of the day looking at build up threads for these beasts on Mud and here, very very interesting! Even saw yours Rubicon_Fan! I was gonna ask where you got your steel bent although I might go aluminum lid?

Thanks again for keeping this thread alive, funny how the vasectomy sideshow is just as popular as the trailer! Hahaha!

Cheers
Mr. D

Abitibi

Explorer
And yes, let's get the meet going. So far we have myself, Rubicon_Fan, Toycdn, gothink and maybe GreegB if the ferry isn't an issue... And anyone else interested for sure. Weekend or week evenings?

Also if anyone has an extra original wheel for sale let me know. I'll be heading out to Arizona and Moab this May... A spare would be a good idea!

Cheers
Mr. D

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
I'm in. As for the lid, I got it bent at some shop in Langley, can't remember the name from the top of head, but I may still have some drawings I made for the lid of you are interested.
I have a set of original wheels and tires, do you need just one? I was hoping to sell them as a set.

Dools

Wanderer
If your lookin, all the work on my trailer was done buy a guy in salmon arm. My lid is identical to rubifan's but I have cross beams that the RTT sits on. I think (big think) that he had extra tops pressed and welded, i know he had extra fenders done. If you want I can drop him a line if you are interested. The lid is sweet, very sturdy and well made. As for the fenders, super solid and I can stand on them with no problem.

So lets bring the meet to the Yukon!

Abitibi

Explorer
Are you talking about "overland"? I just saw his trailer build with the custom fenders and storage box at the front. I'd be curious to know if he still has lids for sure!

Right now given I've spent already too much I was considering building one in 1/2" plywood and fiberglass, similar shape to yours and RubiconFan. I'll start looking at it tomorrow and maybe even give it a go. I'm pretty sure I'll be completely broke after RubiFan takes my last coins for a spare tire! ;-)

Cheers,
Mr. D

Dools

Wanderer
It would be like Overlands and my trailer is almost identical (well they were both built by the same guy). Overland did not do the work but rather put the money into the R&D for the cad work to figure out the lid, fender and front box design. I will shoot a e-mail to see if there are any lids left and the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman