To the Arctic Ocean via the Dalton Road

geovalue

Adventurer
Hi and thanks AmericaOverland, pleased you enjoyed our blog and yes it was quite the journey. To answer some of your questions, no we were not sponsored by anyone and our son claimed the Overland Journal Cap when he joined us for a week in Costa Rica, so that was the end of that photo series 

It was a long trip and something overlanders face when traveling for a long time and always on the move is ‘travel fatigue.” We began to feel it in Chile and knew it was time to take a break from travel and head back home. We did debate leaving our truck in South America and returning at a later date, but were not sure whether we would travel through Asia before returning to S America.

We returned and did buy a house but within weeks of returning to Calgary, we had the maps out and were planning routes through Asia. So I know we will be back on the road perhaps sooner than later. I hear Tom say, “Silk Road,” at least several times a week!” We just need to refill the piggy bank. Then we will hit the road again. There is still a lot of world we want to see.

Safe travels all

geovalue

Adventurer
Africa or America The best of Each Continent for Overlanding

You can take the overlander out of the journey but you can't take the journey out of the overlander. We are surrounded once again by maps and are seriously looking at another big trip. In the meantime a question we often get asked is which continent would you do again, Hard choice as both Africa and the Americas offer so much.

Join us for 5.44 minute video the highlight of our Africa 80,000km journey Overland Around Africa in a Land Cruiser

Here is our 7 minute video of the highlights of our America 65,000km journey Overland Alaska to Argentina in a Nissan Titan

Video of Asia still in the making!!

So if you had one choice which continent would you head to ?

geovalue

Adventurer
Amazon Visit

Here is the video (at last) of our incredible visit to the Bolivian Amazon, on our drive through the Americas. Now I REALLY understans why we need to preserve the Amazon Jungle for futre generations.

AdvSprts

One of the highlights of our Alaska to Argentina trip was a visit to the largest salt flats in the world. The Salar de Uyuni. Here is a short video of that visit. Enjoy.

geovalue

Adventurer
Overlaniding teaches one so much.

Just great !! An inspiration !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDu

Thanks for your kind comments. I really enjoy creating these videos so that we can share our experiences with those who are not as lucky as we are, to spend so much time on the open road visiting special and interesting places.

Hers is my latest video about Cerro Rico in Potosi Bolivia. Once one of the richest silver mines in the world it is now worked by Bolivian nationals. It is believed that during Spanish colonial rule 6-8 million indigenous natives and African Slaves died as a result of brutal working and living conditions mining the silver which was then sent to Spain.

AdvSprts

Spectacular offroading in SW Bolivia.

For all you adventurous types, check the incredible Eduardo Avaroa National park out. It is in SW Bolivia in the high Andes.

AdvSprts

Here is our video of finally entering Argentina, our destination country on our 17 month Alaska to Argentina road trip. Check out the interesting sights and sounds of Northern Argentina.

AdvSprts

If you are overlanding through South America and wondering wether you should make the long detour to see the Iguazu falls....do it. It is worth it. Check this video out if you have any doubts.

AdvSprts

We finally make it to the most southerly town you can drive to in the world Ushuaia, Argentina. This was the end point of our Alaska to Argentina 17 month, 65000km overland journey. An incredible adventure. This video shows the amazing Patagonian segment, enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online