Today...Oh so bittersweet!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Well Today was bittersweet for me!!!

We started the day nice and early with 4 of us and did a trail called Eagle Rock! I KICKED ASS!!!!! Flew up without an issue made it over all the hard obstacles no hitch, no isssues. Best day ever on this trail for me! We had 2 close to rolls (sorry no pics, was getting ready to jump on hoods) No damage from this trail we all made it!!

IMG_9900.jpg

IMG_9898.jpg

IMG_9895.jpg

IMG_9892.jpg

IMG_9890.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Part II

As we were leaving from our trail I recieved a call from Toyota_Jon... wanted to know if we were done or not.... so naturally I tell him the truth... HELLL NO WE ARNE'T DONE!!!!! lol So he drives up to meet us and off to Saran Wrap!!

Well here is where my day becomes bittersweet! I was rockig up the hill climbs over v-notchs etc... But I had an obstacle give me issues(but I was the only one to do it) So I finally make that with serious help!!! In comes bad snow.... So downhill, side leans, slippery rocks and I can't see out my windsheild... YIKES!! But I slid and couldn't see hit a tree...down the passenger side of my rig the tree goes.. Snap goes the roof rack!!!
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Ohhh man that sucks.

I started reading and first thing I noticed was the bars sticking out.

Few Months ago I was out with my buddy that has a Rover like yours and the simular cross bars. Snagged 2 bars on a tree and bent up the gutter pretty good.

Thought I had a picture of the aftermath but I can't fin it. This is about 20 minutes before it happend. Truck has a ARB in the back but the center diff had him stuck on this hill. Kept putting all the power to the open front.

Looks fun! So when I come out that way you going to take me out to that trail?

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Grim Reaper said:
Ohhh man that sucks.

I started reading and first thing I noticed was the bars sticking out.

Few Months ago I was out with my buddy that has a Rover like yours and the simular cross bars. Snagged 2 bars on a tree and bent up the gutter pretty good.

Thought I had a picture of the aftermath but I can't fin it. This is about 20 minutes before it happend. Truck has a ARB in the back but the center diff had him stuck on this hill. Kept putting all the power to the open front.

Looks fun! So when I come out that way you going to take me out to that trail?

Sure.....Just say when!!!!! I had done that trail before with rhe roof rack so I didn't think about it!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Wholy smokes i need glasses! I thought you guys were strapping the wrangler with a hood pin or something!

It's just a post in the ground! LOL!!!
IMG_9890.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
SOCALFJ said:
Wholy smokes i need glasses! I thought you guys were strapping the wrangler with a hood pin or something!

It's just a post in the ground! LOL!!!

********!! That would be a strong hoodpin! LOL

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Nice :) I still like to see beauty marks, shiny, perfect rigs don't do it for me. That rub gives it character :) Nice scenery, where were you?

Funrover

Expedition Leader
BigAl said:
Nice :) I still like to see beauty marks, shiny, perfect rigs don't do it for me. That rub gives it character :) Nice scenery, where were you?

Trail #1 - Eagle Rock( Located off Old Stage Road behind the broadmor)

Trail #2 - Saran Wrap(Same area, 1st left turn in the open meadow)

Both are in Colorado Springs,CO

bovw

Explorer
Man, that sucks bending up the gutter. I finally took the bars off mine after snagging on vines and branches one to many times. I rubbed down the side of a tree last time out to, broke a tail light and scuffed the side of the truck. Made me mad at the time, but now I look at it as beauty marks. Looks like you had fun though, and nobody got hurt. That's the important part.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
bovw said:
Man, that sucks bending up the gutter. I finally took the bars off mine after snagging on vines and branches one to many times. I rubbed down the side of a tree last time out to, broke a tail light and scuffed the side of the truck. Made me mad at the time, but now I look at it as beauty marks. Looks like you had fun though, and nobody got hurt. That's the important part.

Yup!! Had a blast.. all is well and repaired... and now I have a conversation starter..LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears