Today was a good day

Dave

Explorer
Pulled the camper out of winter storage! :wings::smiley_drive:

483165374_8nBvt-L.jpg

davegonz

Explorer
Cool, but are those the tires (on the trailer) that you regularly use? Or are those winter storage tires :D

Dave

Explorer
You have more snow in your yard than I do....:(

That's down at our duck woods, it didn't snow at all at my house. Same storm that dumped snow in the South East and now the North East. Second year in a row we've gotten snow down there the first week (give or take a day) of March. It'll be gone by tomorrow and nearly 70 degrees by Thursday. ;)

durango_60

Explorer
Tell me about your experience with the Fleetwood so far, what kid of roads haev you travelled and how durable has it been.

Dave

Explorer
Tell me about your experience with the Fleetwood so far, what kid of roads haev you travelled and how durable has it been.

So far, we have enjoyed the heck out of the trailer. We have not had it on anything that I would consider a trail. I have had it in a few rough spots, going down and then back up a washed out low water bridge and then across a small slow moving river. That was the limit considering it still has the stock wheels/tires and the ball style hitch. Graded gravel roads no problem of course, but the suspension could use some refinement. I think it'll be pretty easy beef up the axle, wheels/tires, and the hitch if we decide to. Trying to load gear into the trailer with it folded up can be a bit of a pain, but it's possible.

It's held up pretty good. All the major components have held up great, but there's a couple little things that I'm going to have to replace this year, the only thing that comes to mind now is the door latch. I did upgrade the thermostat to a digital one, that really helps keep the inside temps at a more steady temperature when we run the heat.

If there's anything specific you're wondering about, let me know. I'll be setting it up in a couple weeks to get it ready, so I can take pictures then if you need any detail shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998