Took the Plunge!!

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Tear down began on Thursday and the last piece for the build, the Clayton Long-arm kit will arrive tuesday according to the tracking info and then the real fun begins. It just stinks I'll be traveling for work and won't be able to help out with the build, at least there will be things to keep me busy so I won't be thinking about it much, lol. Pics will be posted as soon as I get some from the shop, should hopefully be mon or tues.

DirtyViking

Can't wait to see how this turns out. I've always been a fan of how the KJ looks, but the lack of SA's keeps me away from it. I know it's supposed to be the successor to my Cherokee, but I'm just not feeling it.

Good luck!

2500Adventures

Adventurer
In the words of Kevin from Kevin's Offroad:

Jeep Liberty naked from the waist down

145_2395-300x168.jpg

BigAl

Expedition Leader
looks like they are doing a nice job! do you have to do anything with the wheel openings for 35s?

2500Adventures

Adventurer
looks like they are doing a nice job! do you have to do anything with the wheel openings for 35s?

Yes, we will be reloacting the windshield washer reservoir and the horn I believe. But that will also be because later this year I'll be getting the ARB front bumper for the KJ and I think you have to move those items anyway (not 100% on that though). Regardless that will happen anyway, also looking into a custom rear bumper that will open the back end a little bit and hold the bigger spare tire, Hi-lift and a gas can or 2. Also looking at getting one of Kevin's sweeeeeet looking safari racks on the roof so I can have a second spare up there and a rooftop tent and lots of extra space for STUFF!!!

I gotta get the Jeep ready for YDY12 (Yuma-Denali-Yuma 2012)!!!!!!

tommudd

Explorer
The ARB comes with a cover that covers the washer bottle, I've hit mine a time or two just to see if it works and it does.
If you moved the front axle ahead some you would of maybe needed to remove it anyways
Is that kit going to work with full widths? Only way I would do it , plus have front and rears full widths already so.....

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Thanks for the info on the ARB, I would think they would have engineered something to cover it, but didn't recall reading anything about it. I'll feel more comfortable with it moved anyway I think so then it is out of any potential harms way while rolling this beast down any sort of road or trail. Plus with the SFA, I'm not sure how the larger tire size might interfere with the ARB bumper as it is manufactured, that is to say will I need to trim anything off it to make a full turn?? I haven't moved my front axle forward at all, if you look at the KJ subframe where it meets the body where the coil-over struts would be there is a curve in the body metal there, that is where the axle is centered and the coil-over shocks are centered on with the SFA build.

The only thing that would change with the full widths, as far as the kit goes Tom, would be the placement for welding the tabs for mounts of the long arm kit and suspension. Also the setup for the kit is keeping the stock t-case, I know some have gone aftermarket, Atlas 2 for example, so I'm not sure how that might change things, if at all.

I'm going to try and get a stock Liberty vs KOR SFA Liberty comparison info doc put together once the build is done and the kit is finalized, we'll have what's stock, and what's being replaced comparisons and things of that nature, we hope to make it easier for the customer to build his/her KJ the best way possible with an SFA and at the same time try not to break every piggy bank they've ever owned, HAHA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle